The morning air feels so invigorating; it has been a while since I have experienced such freshness! I reached the park and gently unrolled my yoga mat. Taking a seat, I crossed my legs and brought my hands together, closing my eyes in meditation.

For the past hour, that's what I've been trying to do after I was done I try  to make my way out, but I nearly tripped. Luckily, someone caught me, and we both ended up on the ground. As I lay there, our eyes locked in a moment of connection.

"Oh, I know what you're thinking," he exclaimed , a mischievous smile playing on his face. Confusion washed over me as I stood up and reached out my hand to him. He took it, helping himself up.

"Now that you've seen me, I bet you're thanking your lucky stars," he remarked, a hint of arrogance in his voice. "Ah, the original handsome can be so specific, and here I am."

I tried to walk away, hoping  that he'll leave me, but he followed closely behind me. "Hey, wait! Are you ignoring me?" he called out.

"You're just disrupting my peaceful life and becoming a pain in the ass," I mumbled, annoyed. "And one more thing, why are you following me everywhere I go?"

"That's supposed to be my question, not yours, miss," he replied, his eyes sparkling as they met mine. I chose to ignore him.

"Can I have a sip of your water? I'm feeling thirsty," he asked, reaching for the bottle in my hand.

I swiftly snatched the water away, my frustration evident. "Actually, Mr. Muhammad, I don't share my things with strangers, especially someone like you."

Ouch, let's pretend I'm hurt, but why someone like me?" he questioned.

"Well, it's simple. I don't like you," I gritted out.

He let out a laugh, revealing his set of white teeth, and snatched the bottle of water from my hand. He drank almost half of it before responding.

"I don't like you either, but now I want that to change. I want to know you and I want to like you," he uttered, more like whispered., let's do this."

"What?" I stared down at him. He opened and closed his sleepy eyes before fixing them on me again.

"I will ask you some questions, and your answer can only be right or wrong. Okay?"

"Sure," I replied, curious about where this is  going.

"Your favorite color is pink, right?"

"Wrong," I answered confidently.

"Favorite snack is pizza?"

"Wrong again," I said, shaking my head.

"You don't like to mingle with people a lot, you prefer to be alone. You're an introvert, and only one person gets to know you."

I whipped around, staring at him in disbelief. "How did you come to know this?" I asked, my eyes locked on his innocent smile.

"You know, this is the case in life. You can hit a person in one second, pay attention to them in one minute, hook up with them in one hour, and fall in love with them in one day. But sometimes, the final outcome is to forget that person for a lifetime.

"Did someone ever break your heart?" he questioned.

"Why are you asking? No one has ever broken my heart, mister. Now, enough with the questions."

"Well, one more thing. How did I get those answers wrong? Because I noticed you like pink a lot."

"Only one person gets to know me inside and out. He's the only person who can say it all right."

"And who's that?" he asked.

"Someone really close to my heart," I mumbled, snatching back my water as I walked away from him.

I turned around and saw him standing in his position. I just shook my head.

"Heyy, hey, miss bumper, wait!" he said as he reached me, breathing heavily, as if he had run.

This guy is so funny.

"What now?" I turned around.

"You came alone," he questioned.

"What kind of question is this? Have you seen me with anyone?" I replied, slightly confused.

He shook his head and nodded again.

"Well, only me," he replied  with a smile.

"Let me drop you," he offered.

"No, thank you," I replied.

"Please, please, please," he pleaded, sounding like a little kid.

"Okay, then," I finally gave in.

I opened the passenger side while he entered from the other side, and we drove.

The car ride was silent, with neither of us saying a word. As we reached our apartment, I saw Yussy and Ameera standing by the door.

Maybe seeing her brother's car made her rush there immediately. I slid the door open, stepped out, while he just started the engine and drove away.

"He's nice today," I thought to myself.

Yussy squeezed me into her arms. "You got us worried, and I see Yaya is the one who dropped you. What happened?"

I looked at Ameera's face, which seemed somehow upset. Maybe she's not happy that her boyfriend dropped me.

I took hold of her hand. "Ameera, I just saw him when I was doing my yoga, and he probably came out for exercise too."so When I was ready to head back, he insisted on giving me a ride, but I didn't want to argue with him. You know how your boyfriend can be. So, I just let him drop me off.

"I'm sorry if it bothered you," I said, feeling a bit guilty.

A smile formed on her lips, and I let out a sigh of relief. "Hey, silly girl, don't be sad. In fact, I'm happy that you two are getting along."

I smiled and playfully squeezed her cheeks. "He's definitely stubborn," I mumbled, and she looked down at me, biting her lip.

"But he's also nice," she mumbled.

After freshening up, we spent the rest of the day doing nothing but reading and chatting. It was a relaxing day.