Ep-4 : The Beginning Of The End

Reki challenged ADAM to a beef and ADAM bet that if he won then Langa would do a beef with him. That's the jest of what happened last night. I was already in worry regarding the race between Reki and ADAM but when i came to the restaurant, the sight made me furious. Joe wasn't here, the restaurant was packed and the staffs were rushing. "Oh, thank God you came! Please hurry and change!" one of the staffs said pushing me towards the staff's room. God, things are more hectic here.. where the hell is Joe now? He should have atleast given me a headstart that he won't be coming today! tying the apron around my waist, i rushed outside to take orders. More and more people came, mostly Joe's admirers. "Where is Joe~?" "Why isn't he here today~?" "Call him for us~" the ladies surrounded me with their big titties. LIKE HELL I KNOW! I'll murder you Joe, i swear I'll murder you when i see you.

Finally the hectic day ended. The staffs all went home one by one and i was the only one who stayed back since i had to give him the keys. I took out my phone to call him but instead i saw messages from Reki. They were going to the crazy rock for practice and wanted me to come also. "But i have studies.." i pouted looking at the text. "I won't die if i don't study for one night" i grumbled. "But I'm the class representative.." i whined. "Okay, he's my dear friend. I shouldn't ignore him so much. Yeah, I'm going. Yeah-" "Who's he?" a voice spoke from beside my ear. "WHATTHEFUXK?!" my phone jumped from hands while i flung forward in shock. "Can you stop?!" i glared at Joe as he gave me a cheeky smile. "Who were you talking to?" he asked. "Nu-uh. Where were you? Why didn't you say that you won't be coming? Do even realize the pressure i had to go through today? Your fangirls were on step away from death!" i breathed in and out in exhaustion since i said the words above all in one breathe.

"Woahh, calm down girl. I'm sorry. What can i do to make it up?" he put his chin on his hands as he sat on the counter. "Nothing. I'm gonna go now. Reki and the others are practicing at the crazy rocks" i said wearing my bag. "I wanna go too~" he suddenly flung his arms around me and pulled me into a hug. "No" "I wanna~!" he whined rubbing his cheeks with mine. "I said no. Get off me, you clingy old man!" i tried wiggling out of his grip. His beefy arms wrapped itself around me tightly. "Hey! I'm telling you, release-" "Oh my, am i interrupting something?" i gasped hearing the voice caz i knew who it was. "Nope. Not at all" i pushed Joe away with all of my force right when my mind started getting messy. He saw me! He saw me! "You really are immune to him. That's a first" Cherry said holding his fan against his lips. The corner of his lips slightly turned up. "Huh? Oh yeah, i guess. S-See you later, bye!" with that i rushed out of the restaurant. 'See you later? Bye?' What the hell Chiyo?! You couldn't even be more obvious that you like him! "Hnggg!" i crouched down in a corner and pressed my warm red cheeks to my palm in embarrassment. "I won't be able to study even if i go home now. I need to cool off. Crazy Rocks it is"

"Railside huh. Indeed it's needed for sharp turns like these" i mumbled holding my chin as i watched MIYA do it. "Chiyo! Help me! I can't understand shit!" Reki grabbed my legs in despair. "Alright, get up now buddy" i held him up before "Watch me". I went up the hill and then skated down. "Speed is important so is the spin. Your upper body can't be plunging in too far. You have to be aware of your balance" while i explained, i showed them the railside trick. "Awesome!" Reki's and Langa's eyes sparkled watching me. I chuckled at their motion. "You.. are you a pro from somewhere abroad?" MIYA narrowed his eyes at me. "Ahahaha, no not really". Later we all went to a fastfood restaurant. "What? That's it for you?" Reki asked looking at MIYA's food packets. "Controlling nutrition is also important for athletes" he spoke. This caused Reki to shove a burger in MIYA's mouth. Langa and I laughed watching MIYA's and Reki's bickering.

Few days later~

"Today's the day, right?" "Yeah" i answered Joe as i wore my bag. "You'll be going now?" "I am a bit worried. Like i have this strange feeling in my gut. And it's ADAM we're talking about. I can't rest easy" i sighed. "Why do you sound like you know him a long time?" he narrowed his eyes at me. "W-What? Pftt no. I was just saying what i heard from people in the S community" "Alright then. Let's go together. Give me 10 minutes to close the shop and ready myself" he said. "Thank you Kojiro-san, but i love my life. Your girlfriends would choke me" i shook my index finger. "Oh, stop being a brat and let me do it!" "It's no need, honestly! I can go on my own very well!" "I'll deduct your pay for this month" "Take me anywhere you want!" i bowed at him. "Good" i felt him smirk. URGH THIS GUY!

After we reached, i parted my ways with him since i didn't want his 'girls' to see me. I felt him digging a hole on my back with his stare but i ignored it and went towards the group. "Of course, i remember. If i win, I'll skate with you" ADAM pointed at Langa. Reki saw me and came over to me. "Be careful, alright?" i ruffled his hair. "Yeah" he smiled before going back to his position. As soon as the countdown ended, Reki started off. ADAM took out his a cigarette from a box and lit it up. This guy.. "Tobacco dislikes humidity. That's why i carry it around in an airtight case. You really need to make the effort to make sure it tastes great. Joe, you understand this, right?" ADAM looked at him. "Yeah. In prepping a dish or even in the order of serving the dishes. It may not be tasty ingredient but depending on how much effort you put into it, it can be somewhat tasty" he answered. Seriously Joe?!

I felt Langa stepping forward but i immediately grabbed his wrist. "Are you talking about Reki?" i glared at ADAM. He put his hand out towards me and then his gloved fingers traced my cheek. "Who knows?" his seductive voice made me take a sharp breath. If this was one year ago, i would have leaned forward but things have changed now. "Stop joking around" i swatted his hand away from my face. A frustrated look covered his face for a second before he covered it with his sinister smile. He took a puff from the cigarette. "Oh, so tasty~. I don't get to smoke much during work but here.. I'M FREE! Anything and Everything!" he faced the sky with his arms wide open before again coming closer to me. "Now, miss" he stomped on his board and held it in one hand before holding my chin with his other. Veins popped on my face. "Let's get this party started" he blew the smoke on my lips before skateboarding away. "YOU BAST-" "No Chiyo!" Langa held me back. "I'll crush this guy!"

He was fast. ADAM was deadly fast. He caught up with Reki within a few seconds and then 'played' with him. Blood boiled inside of me as i watched them. This is too much. I can't endure it anymore. He's gonna get killed like Tadashi once told me! "Oi Chiyo!" i heard some people shout after me as i skated off just the way ADAM started the race. "Hold on Reki. I'm coming" i gripped on my phone hard as i watched the video and skated. "CHIYO!" i heard Langa's voice and turned around to see him in a motorbike. "You.." "Get on!" "It's fin-" "NOW!" i immediately stopped skating and got on the bike obediently. "Hold me. I'm gonna go fast" he said. I grabbed my board tightly with one hand before holding Langa by the waist with other.

Even though i dislike him now, but he's still good i thought watching ADAM do the Casper slide. I got more worried seeing Reki. "Don't worry. Reki will do well" Langa said. "I believe so but- he's doing something! ADAM's doing something to Reki!" i freaked out slightly watching ADAM advance towards Reki uphil. Wait.. that's- i gasped watching Reki fall off the board. "REKIII!!!"

It wasn't long until we both reached them. "Reki! Are you alright?!" we both crouched down towards him. I put Reki's head on my lap gently. "Sorry.. you guys.. i lost" blood tripped down his forehead and his arm was twisted badly. I took my hand out from under his head and saw it covered with blood. My eyes trembled at the sight and it wasn't long until tears flowed out of them. I saw Langa's mouth move but i couldn't hear anything. I turned my head towards ADAM who was now looking at me with a smirk. I couldn't form any words from my mouth. I just glared at the man with tears streaming down my face. He took a step back, his face showed signs of frustration before he covered it again.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for reading this chapter!
Hope you enjoyed it!