Chapter 23

Steve POV-

It had been a few weeks since I spoke to Freyja. I was usually in the gym whenever I could be, otherwise I stayed in my room. I missed her. But she made it very clear what she wanted. She's been running around with Bucky for the last few weeks too. I still didn't understand why she was ignoring me completely. Bucky loved her, did he hide it from her? I missed holding her to my body, feeling her lips on my lips, my neck, my- I just needed her. I could hide my love for her too, why did I have to say anything? Could I fix it? I could demand her to stop ignoring me. But what would that get me? Her.

I stood up from my bed and walked out of my room to her door. Knocking, I heard her coming to the door, before opening it slowly. She stared right at me. She didn't look happy to see me, but she also didn't look upset.

"Steve?" She asked, I pushed my way into her room. "Steve, what do you need?"

I turned to her, walking up to her and pressing her to the door, making it shut. "What do I need? I need you. But here you are running around with Bucky. Why does he get you?"

Frey sighed. "Steve.."

"No. I need to know what he is doing that I didn't." I demanded. "You know he loves you too right? So is he better at hiding it? Do you love him?" Her eyes flashed, tears in her eyes. I knew what I was getting myself into, but I needed to know.

"I'm trying to protect you Steve." She whispered. My body was pressed against hers still.

"Protecting me from what? Yourself? I'm not scared of you Freyja. I know what you're afraid of. But I am not. And it's not fair for you to make this decision without my input. Does it matter what I think? What I want?" I slam my hand next to her head making her flinch. I lean my head on hers. "What I need?" She closed her eyes.

"Steve, I'll end up killing you." She whispered again, it was like she was unable to raise her voice at all.

"I.Don't.Care." I gritted through my teeth. I was tired of these games she wanted to play. "I'm a grown man, I can make my own decisions and risks." I lean my lips to hers, my breath fanning her wet lips. I noticed hers parted just the slightest. She wanted me. My lips brushed against hers. "Let me take the risk." I whispered so softly against her. Her hands shot up, pulling my face to hers. The fireworks going off around us as I moved my mouth against hers passionately. I opened her mouth with my own, meeting her tongue in the middle, hearing her moan into it. I reach down and grab her thighs lifting her up, her legs wrapped around my waist quickly. I kept her shoved against the door, pushing myself against her. God I missed this so much. I missed her.

My hands gripped her thighs tightly, probably leaving bruises of my fingertips. Her fingers pulled at the ends of my hair, making me groan into her mouth. I pull away, trailing kisses down her neck, biting and sucking gently. I was in no hurry, I was just enjoying the moment. I knew how fast it could end. Speaking of which-

"Freyja? We have a mission meeting downstairs. If you see Rogers, let him know too. He wasn't in his room." Tony's voice was behind her on the other side of the door. I sighed.

"Okay!" She responded and looked at me. She pulled me to her lips again, kissing me several times. "Rain check?" She asked with a small smile. I grinned back at her.

"Always." I leaned in and kissed her softly, dropping her legs back to the ground. I backed up to let her open the door.

"And Steve?"

"Hm?" I hummed to her.

"I'm sorry I pushed you away." She glanced at me, her hand on the doorknob. "I was scared." She whispered the last word, being foreign for her to feel it herself.

"I know." I responded and kissed her cheek. She opened the door and we left her room.