• EPILOGUE

┏━━━✰━━━┓
RENEWAL
CHAPTER ???
"EPILOGUE"
┗━━━✰━━━┛

*click*

"hello? is this thing on?"
"it's on, the tapes rolling."
"alright."

"uhm, it's been a...few weeks since the death of...them. i don't think that most of us are over it yet as for nyx is still grieving deeply. kaz is hurting more than she lets on." the tape said.

there was a small beat of silence and the speaker cleared their throat before saying, "what i'm trying to say is that none of us can fully heal from a loss. they were a comfort, a sibling, a friend, a streamer, and even a crush. the meaning of this tape is to remember what they've done for all of us. all of us will have a chance to speak and say something meaningful."

the tape clicked to a familiar face. kaz. she had soft eye bags and her eyes were red. she had tear streaks on her face and tears were threatening to build up already.

the greynette sniffled and cleared her throat before saying, "(y/n) was...a great friend. one i didn't want to lose. they didn't deserve that and i wish that i wasn't mad at them when they were hit!"

she was crying now and she had her hands pressed against her eyes. "i wish they didn't get hit! i wish they weren't gone! i wish i could apologize to them! i don't want them gone."

the tape clicked and rory showed up. she was sitting still, which was unusual, and she sniffles.

"uhm, how do i start this..?" she said, quietly.

she took a deep breath and said, "so, erm. they were a...great friend. wait no...a fantastic friend..! (y/n) was...used to... hang on."

she paused for a second and took a deep breath. "they were a fantastic friend..! (y/n) started out as an online friend and...i really adored them in a kind of way? they were like a family figure to me. they cared about me and stayed with me for...longer than anyone ever had."

she seemed to be struggling to find the right words. it was like she was dancing through a field of land mines. rory tugged at the hem of the light pink sweater she was wearing and said, "me, nyx, kaz, and (y/n) were like a small family, kaz and (y/n) being parents while me and nyx were little children. it...hurts knowing that they can't come back and i wish that they could be back. i would give...anything just to hear them laugh or say something again."

the tape clicked again and there was a screen that said, "dream denied to be on camera as for he is still grieving deeply."

the scene switched again and there sat alexis. she looked horrible. she had her hair pulled back into a small low ponytail and she didn't have her makeup on. she had deep eye bags and tear streaks. her eyes looked puffy and tear streaked. she was wearing a shirt and it seemed to be (y/n)'s.

she cleared her throat and she said, voice wavering, "(y/n) was my sibling, who i held very dear. they didn't deserve to leave so early and i didn't want them to. i want them to...rest easy wherever they lay. they were kind, caring, and just the right amount of harsh. i remember the times that i had to endure their long sleepless nights and complaints about being tired. i remember the memories we made."

she sounded choked, like she was about to cry. "i can't think of anything else to say except, rest easy (y/n)."

the tape clicked again and there sat...me. i looked nervous and tired. i wore my usual outfit yet my eyes had...dulled in a way? my hair was a mess and i said, "(y/n) would've wanted me to do this. they would've told me to man up and get out here, so that's what i'm doing."

i sniffled and cleared my throat, "it was about a week ago. we were walking home from the field since...i led them there. they were about to cross the street and i shouted a warning...but they didn't listen. i saw them get hit and-"

i cut myself off and i couldn't continue with that topic. i said, "(y/n) was...my best friend in the whole world and eventually my feelings developed into a romantic way. i was planning to tell them on that day. i couldn't. i couldn't say it. i couldn't man up and say it!"

i was crying now and the tape switched. it was a screen with subtitles. it read, "today, september 26, is the day that we put (y/n) to rest. may they rest in peace."

*click*

the tape finished and i watched as (y/n) was put into the ground. once the service was done, i stood and stared at the grave. there was a tap on my shoulder. it was alexis.

"nyx, c'mon. let's go." she urged, sorrowfully.

"r-right yeah, coming." i said, walking with her.

god, i wish she was (y/n)...

END

a/n:
does anyone else hate the project makeover ads?

anyway, this is the end, wahoo!
also it's my birthday hehe ^.^
i hope u enjoyed this journey and i should be writing something in the future so enjoy that

i hope it's something mcyt or lemon demon related so 👍

also i like how this story, which i started during a day of online school, got this much attention lmao
also plsplspls go check out my other books 😦

anyway, grim, signing off!! ^0^

edit - this is b4 anyone saw this but pls don't send me glass cupcakes bc you didn't like the ending of the book. don't be like the voltron fandom plsplspls