• TRAGEDY

┏━━━✰━━━┓
RENEWAL
CHAPTER FIVE
"TRAGEDY"
┗━━━✰━━━┛

you wake up the next morning to nyx gripping your  shirt tightly. when you move you get up, she groans softly and lets go reluctantly. you slip out of bed and choose a simple outfit. it's one of your favorites and you go into the bathroom. you take a shower, rinsing your hair and such before getting out.

you dry your body off and wrap the towel around your body. you blow dry your hair and meet your own gaze in the mirror. today was going to be a good day, but you didn't know why. you put on your outfit and nyx is awake when you exit the bathroom.

the time is 11AM and you've showered already. you hear some movement in the kitchen so you assume someone is in there. you leave nyx to get freshened up and you see alexis and wilbur in the kitchen. wilbur is making something on the stove while alexis is whisking something furiously.

it takes them about a good five minutes to notice you looming over them. alexis jumps and says, "jesus- good morning, (y/n)."

"morning," you say, groggily.

you pour yourself a glass of water and wait for the others to wake up. they inevitably do and you all have breakfast together. the day seems bright and you decide to stream.

you get back into your room and nyx perches themselves on your bed. you power on your PC and the computer comes on with a mechanical beep and then some whirring following it.

you do a mic test and make sure you look okay. everything seems fine so you click the live button. you greet your viewers with a smile and it was a just chatting stream for the moment.

after a while, nyx pipes up and says, "(n/n)..., what are you doing right now?"

you stare at them slack jawed and burst into laughter. "i'm streaming, nyx." you wheeze out.

nyx pales and tries to hide their embarrassment. your chat is going wild at their voice.

user21: AYO???
user9: MX. 404?
user13: NYX?????
user2: AMERICAN AND THE BRITISH MEET UP 🤯🤯🤯
user10: OMG MY OTP!!
user 14: HELLO??
user8: @user10 hey! maybe don't ship them? (n/n) is 22 and nyx is 19, they're legal adults sure, but don't do that unless they said they're okay with it! ^^

you look at chat and said, "thanks user8."

nyx creeps around and slides into the camera view. "howdy partners, i still don't have another greeting other than that so that's what i'm sticking with." she says, smiling.

the stream continues for about an hour or so. you eventually end the stream and nyx suggests that you guys go to the park for the moment. you agree and tell dream and rory that. the two also agree and get ready.

you and nyx stand outside, nyx linking hands with you. you smile at this and said, "nyx, i'm glad i met you. you've helped me, honestly."

she glances at you, checking if your serious, and responds, "...thanks (y/n). you've helped me too, yknow? when we were just little tiny baby streamers, i really didn't think we could make it into the big world until you helped us. you've helped us even more since then."

you couldn't tell if it was just because of the slightly cold wind or not, but their cheeks were slightly pink. "thanks nyx." you respond, rubbing the back of their hand with your thumb softly.

they nod and said, "no problem."

dream and rory eventually emerge from the house and you start down the sidewalk. you and nyxs hands are still linked as you walk. nyx starts to swing them softly and you follow suit. your group eventually arrives at the park and nyx brings you to the swings.

you two sit down and start swinging. you've brought your camera and start to vlog today.  the day drags on and nyx eventually has you guys end up at a restaurant. rory tires out after a while and dream takes her back to your house, just to keep her safe.

that left you and nyx. you pay for your food and exit the establishment, nyx behind you. she grabs your arm and starts tugging on your sleeve. you smile at this and she takes you to a nearby field. she sits down and you follow suit.

she puts her head in your lap and sighs contently. the sun was setting and the light hit her perfectly, making her seem ethereal. nyx sighs and says, "(y/n), what would you do if i died?"

"i'd mourn you obviously. what would you do if i died, nyx?"

"same that you'd do for me."

you smile and she does the same to you. you're tired and lay down as well. you fall asleep in the grass for what seems like 15 minutes. distantly, you feel something soft on your cheek and you feel long hair brush your face afterwards.

after a while, nyx shakes you awake and she links your hands. she says, "let's get home."

you nod and rub the back of her hand. nyx leads you along and you find yourself wandering the sidewalks of brighton. the brunette cracks jokes every once in a while and you smile at them.

you've been walking for a while before you have to cross the busy street. you guys wait for the stop light to turn red and then you cross the street.

"wait (y/-)!" you hear nyx call, panicked.

there was then a hit and then...

darkness.

Nyx POV

i froze and a choked sob escaped my lips.

i just saw my...best friend get run over...
i didn't even tell them how i felt...