"Gordon didn't explain?" Tai asked

Kat shook her head, "No I thought everyone here is like me and this happens all the time."

Tai chuckled, "Are you kidding? This has never happened. Things here have always been done a certain way. These people are descendants yes, but most of them are waiting to be chosen. They have been brought here to be cultured and prepared for the change should it happen. But that only happens to one person every few years."

Kat looked confused as she said, "People actually want this?"

Tai nodded, "This tradition has been passed down through countless generations. And not only did you and your friend go through without permission or prep, you did it old school with a Diviner in a Kree temple...that hasn't happened for thousands of years so you can see why some of these people might be a little...jealous?"

Kat walked over to a bench and said, "I'd gladly switch places with them. I didn't want this. You know my wife was scared of me when she found out."

Tai nodded, "I understand."

"The woman who changed with me and Skye. Rayna. Gordon took her is she here?" Kat asked

Tai shrugged and said, "Gordon takes people everywhere, it's his job to keep us safe. I can one hundred percent tell you that there is no one here who can hurt you. You're protected."

Kat chuckled and said, "Nice to think, but I'm not safe anywhere."

. . . . . . . . .

Tai took Kat into a bedroom, "This is yours for as long as you want. Gordon brought your bag from the cabin there were these weird cakes in there."

"Apple cakes my wife makes them." Kat said

Tai nodded, "I may or may not have eaten one so tell her make me some."

Kat laughed and said, "I will do."

Tai smiled, "Good, they're good. Take some time to relax."

Kat scoffed and said, "Relax this will be like my third bed of the week. I've been quarantined, psychoanalysed that was fun-"

Tai cut Kat off saying, "Let me guess to protect you from yourself. That thing behind your ear which will come off soon, seriously inhibiting your powers, it's why you were out so long."

Kat nodded, "I know, but Tai I hurt someone I care about his name's Hunter I shouted and almost burst his eardrums. My friend Fitz just wanted me to hear again."

"They thought that they were dealing with human biology but...you left that school when you went through the mist. Get some sleep. And tomorrow we'll see if we can figure out what gift you've been given."

Just as Tai was about to walk out of the door Kat said, "It's more like a curse."

Tai turned around and said, "A lot of us felt like that at first, I know I did. But you'll get control."

Kat shook her head, "I don't want to control it I want to get rid of it, I thought Gordon could fix me."

Tai gave her a look and said, "I thought you knew...the transition is irreversible, permanent. You will feel better in a couple of says trust me for now stay until things calm down on the outside see what happens. Plus it's Pizza day tomorrow deep dish Gordon brings them in from Chicago. You can't miss it."

Kat smiled as she said, "Glad to see his gifts aren't being wasted."

"I'll see you in the morning." Tai said