Kat cut Tai off, "How long?...how long? When can I leave?"

"You got places to be, people to see?" Tai asked

Kat nodded, "I'm worried about my friends. I think they're in danger."

Tai scoffed and said, "Listen you're the one that's in danger remember? You're being hunted. Now about that think behind your ear it's stopping your powers Kat and if you stop it, it'll get worse."

"So what are you saying I take it off and not hear again?" Kat asked

Tai shook his head, "No I'm saying take it off and we can teach you to hear without it. You're like Gordon he can see but not like us. You can hear but not like us."

. . . . . . .

Once Kat had gotten changed Tai walked back into the room, "How are you feeling?"

"Kind of normal." Kat said

Tai smiled and said, "Normals good. We flushed your lymphatic and circulatory systems according to Lincoln I'm not a medic. So you'll be weak for a few days but-"

Kat cut Tai off saying, "I need to get a message to my friends."

"Gordon is the only one who can make contact with the outside world. You can talk to him when he gets back. I checked on your friend she's with her transitioner Lincoln." Tai said

Kat nodded, "Where are we?"

Tai shrugged and said, "No idea. The official name is Chinese I think Lai Shi. Doesn't exactly translate...we just call it afterlife."

Tai opened the doors which revealed a red balcony overlooking a big mountain range.

. . . . . .

As Tai and Kat were walking through afterlife Kat said, "So you say the name of this place is Chinese. Are we in China?"

Tai shrugged, "No bloody clue Gordo is the only one who knows where we are and he's the only way in or out. It keeps us secret and safe from the outside world."

"Or it keeps us prisoners and I don't like being a prisoner." Kat said

Tai chuckled and said, "You aren't very trusting are you?"

Kat scoffed, "I woke up in a bed, in a place no one can even point to on a map. After seeing one of my best friends with someone who was trying to shoot me and Skye. So I think I'm allowed,"

Tai nodded, "Yes but you asked Gordon to bring you here no is going to force you to stay, I don't think we even could if we wanted to. It's not a bad place though the nightlife's a little lacking-"

Kat cut Tai off, "So you live here?"

Tai shook his head, "No one lives here, not permanently. It's more like a way station. I'm from London on a long holiday after I retired I'm brought here when someone needs help. Some people come here when they need a safe place to stay."

Kat looked around and saw everyone was looking at her, "So I never went to a normal school but this is what I imagine being the new kid feels like. Why are they staring at me?"