Love in the time of HYDRA

Start from the beginning

Kat stood up and hugged Coulson, "I was just so mad."

Coulson hugged Kat back, "I know. I took your choice away from you and I should never have done that...we need to take a ride. You me and Skye."

Kat nodded as she pulled away and said, "Ok but why am I suddenly feeling like Old Yeller right now?"

Coulson looked impressed as he said, "Kind of surprised you know the reference and that you can hear me."

Kat smiled. "I've had a lot of downtime lately and you can thank Fitz for that also he really wants a dog."

"I thought he wanted a monkey?" Coulson asked

Kat shook her head, "Told him it was unlikely...you can't tell me where we're going can you?"

"You're gonna want to pack a bag." Coulson said

Kat nodded her head

. . . . . . .

On the Quinjet Coulson, Skye and Kat were strapped in, "I'm sorry about everything that's happening to you both."

Skye looked over to Coulson and said, "Not your fault the blame begins and ends with my dad."

"Well you wouldn't be the first person to have parents with misguided intentions." Coulson said as he looked over to Kat

Skye shook her head, "Nope just the first whose crazy dad lured her to an alien city to get earthquake powers."

Coulson reached down into his bag and said, "I got us a little something for the trip." Coulson handed Skye and Kat a twizzler

Kat took it and said, "You really do bring these on every trip don't you?"

Coulson nodded, "Of course I do...the thing I remember most about my dad was he was a car guy. Always working on this junker he insisted I help him fix. All my friends were outside playing ball having fun, there I was, stuck at home with him fixing that damn car. It wasn't until we finished that it hit me. The car was the most beautiful thing I'd ever seen.  And all the time we spent together working on it gave me an appreciation I never would have had otherwise."

"Wait a second was that car a red 1962 Corvette?" Kat asked

Coulson nodded, "Yeah."

"Well he'd be very proud your red Corvette flies. That cool." Kat said

Coulson chuckled, "It's pretty cool. But I think the thing he'd like most about it, at her core she's still just a 1962 Corvette."

Skye and Kat shared a look as Skye said, "Just to be clear we're the Corvette in this story right? Now you wanna tell us where we're going?"

"We're almost there." Coulson said

. . . . . .
"It's one of Fury's old retreats I haven't been in here in years." Coulson said as he put the bags down on the ground of a cabin.

"Now Fury isn't the guy that would just have a cabin to relax. Bobbi I could see it but still what is this place?" Kat asked

Coulson put the remaining bags on the ground and said, "It's a safe house for people with powers. Rogers even spent a few weeks here after he was defrosted."

"Okay but who's it supposed to keep safe? The people with powers or everyone else?" Skye asked

Coulson turned around, "Both. I'm afraid I have to pull you from active duty."

"You did that already remember? I just didn't think that you'd lock us up like a werewolf on a full moon." Kat said

Coulson sighed and said, "There's a direct video link to the base so you can talk to Jess. And May will drop by every couple of days."

Skye sat down and said, "What are we supposed to do? Go fishing?"

"Well if you do go outside, be careful. There's a laser fence around the perimeter. Look this is a safe place you can relax here." Coulson said

Kat chuckled, "Relax really I'm currently hearing a bird that is very much outside but to me sounds like it's right next to me I'm gonna go insane."

Coulsons phone then rang, "Hold that thought."

Coulson walked over to the corner of the cabin, "I'm not going to let you go insane. We are going to play so many games of poker you won't know what hit you."

Kat raised an eyebrow and said, "Do you even know how to play poker?"

Skye paused before she shook her head, "No...well you can teach me how to play poker."

"Is everything okay?" Kat asked as she saw Coulson put his phone away

Coulson turned around and said, "I'm afraid I have to get back."

Skye nodded, "Get it didn't think you'd stay and roast marshmallows."

"This is temporary." Coulson said, "I'll be back in a couple of days if you need anything-"

Kat cut Coulson off saying, "We'll let you know."

Coulson nodded as he hugged Kat then Skye.

"We'll figure this out I promise." Coulson said as he walked out of the cabin

Skye looked over to Kat and said, "Looks like it's just you and me now."

Two in one day thank you for reading

So. Afterlife is coming

Comment and Vote