"I imagine you must be afraid that you're gonna loose being an agent." Andrew said

Kat nodded, "I couldn't stop what was happening. I couldn't stop the noises."

"How does it feel when it happens?" Andrew asked

Kat paused before she said, "Terrifying and painful. I can hear everything but the things I want to hear. My wife isn't speaking to me because she's scared so Andrew yeah it's awful and I just want it to stop!"

All the lightbulbs in the room the exploded. "So sound that's your thing. You raised your voice and the lights exploded."

"I don't want it to be my thing, I want to go back to who I was before." Kat said

Andrew sighed and said, "You won't be that person again. Not after everything you've learnt."

"Right...so you're not just my shrink about my thing as you call it you're here about the other thing too." Kat said

Andrew nodded, "You found out a lot just before this happened that has to have some impact."

Kat shook her head, "Only that Phil changed files of my friends, lied to me about someone I loved, moved along the hits of my team, lied to me for nine years."

"Now that is an effective way to avoid thinking about how monumentally painful your life is right now." Andrew said as he sat down.

"Good pep talk thank you so much." Kat said

Andrew chuckled, "Sarcasm same purpose. Avoidance strategy."

Kat raised her eyebrow and said, "What am I avoiding exactly?"

"The truth. That you are different now. That you have abilities. That you can't hear and either you face the truth or destroy yourself from the inside."

Kat took a deep breath and said, "I know SHIELDS policy for people on the index. I've executed that policy so many times."

Just then the room started to shake, "Skye?" Andrew asked

Kat shook her head, "No we're taking off."

Andrew then ran out of the room.

. . . . . .

Skye and Kat walked into the briefing room on the bus, "This is not a negotiation you two are staying on the bus."

The pair walked into the room and Kat said, "If Coulson needs backup-"

May cut Kat off saying, "He'll have it. We don't need you."

Skye nodded, "Yes you do my fathers involved. And for better or worse I matter to him and we can use that."

Andrew stepped forwards and said, "I'm with May. This is an emotional powder keg neither of you shouldn't be anywhere near."

May nodded, "Right. We can't risk you loosing control."

"We won't. I know I won't because these lightbulbs aren't smashed right now and none of you are on your knees having ear pain. Look you put us on the index you're doing my intake assessment. We can help. Besides if they have that loud gifted I'm an asset because I won't be able to hear him so in other words I'm immune to his powers."

. . . . . .

That night May walked Skye onto a football pitch and Kat had a gun to her head, "You monsters." Cal said, "Daisy what have they done to you?"

"We put her on the index now we decide. Contain her or put her down your call." May said

Cal stepped forwards, "Tell me they didn't hurt you."

"Talk to me not her. Now you let these people go or your daughter dies." May said

Cal shook his head, "You won't kill her."

Once Kat had read what Cal had said she moved around the side of Skye, "But I would former Hydra assassin nice to meet you."

"The truth is you're capable of such things that's what I'm trying to teach this whole damn town. I don't even know if they're listening. Maybe they'll listen to you." Cal handed a mic to another man

The man took a deep breath he opened his mouth but no sound came out. Kat handed the gun to May as Kat said, "What's the matter cat got your tongue?"

"You changed too." Cal said

Just then a blue light appeared around Cal and a man with no eyes appeared. He lunged down at the ground and disappeared.

"End this now!" A lady yelled

Coulson ran into the man and starts to fight him. Andrew ran forwards, "Let's go." He took Skye and Kat and they ran away.

. . . . . . .

Kat was back in one of the containment cells on the bus when Fitz walked in with a case. He sat down one the chair and opened the case, "I've done the best I can."

"Tell me that's what I think it is." Kat said

Fitz nodded and picked something up from the case. Fitz moved over to the bed and attached the device around Kat's ear.

Kat groaned in pain before she stopped and looked up at Fitz, "Agent Garcia?" Fitz asked

Kat nodded as she hugged Fitz, "Fitz you absolute beauty!"

Thank you for reading

So, Kat got her hearing back

Comment and vote