Chapter Eleven

After Henry said he actually wanted Regina present, there became some unspoken rule about their dynamic after that. A dynamic that felt very much like a family, one that she had always hoped and dreamed of and Regina wouldn't trade a single second of it.

She moved into her studio apartment which seemed smaller than her bedroom in Storybrooke, however, it didn't matter. She was really only there when Emma was at work and Henry was at school, otherwise she spent all her time at their apartment. Honestly, she should probably find a real job if she wants to continue this relationship and living full time in New York.

For the past two weeks, she has spent every evening eating dinner with them. Afterwards, she would help Henry with his volcano while Emma sat back, a hand splayed across her tiny bump and a smile that was to die for. Sometimes, she would be the one sitting back with a goofy smile while watching Henry and Emma become entranced with video games. Other times, they would play board games or cards as a family and those were her most precious moments that she locked away in her heart for a rainy day.

She also fell madly in love with her alone time with Emma while working out. These were the more intimate moments that had them spilling their guts about everything and anything they could share with one another. This is where Regina learned that Emma used to work as a bail-bonds person until their move to New York. She knew she couldn't continue such a risky job while pregnant and Regina was thankful for that. This is also where Emma learned that Regina works in politics and is always very vague about her job. She even made a crack that maybe Regina is a hit-woman, maybe even works for the mafia.

Regina finds New York-Emma amusing.

"Absolutely not, Miss Swan."

"Come on," Emma sternly urges, bending her knees and bouncing slightly with her hands up, ready to be pounded into. "Let's go!"

"No," she firmly declines, placing her gloved hands upon her hips. "Fetch a punching bag or something because I will not be punching your hands."

Emerald green eyes roll in annoyance but the tiny smirk at the corner of Emma's mouth reveals that she's slightly amused. "What is the big deal? I trust you. It's not like you're going to slip and accidentally deck me."

"As appealing as that sounds, I will not take that risk while you are pregnant," she demands, earning herself another eye roll. "And I better not find out that you allow your other clients to do this with you."

"I don't," Emma wholeheartedly answers to ease Regina's mind. "But I trust you, nothing is going to happen. Now come on, I didn't tape your hands for nothing."

"I said no, Swan," she growls.

"I'll make you do box-steps," Emma threatens without skipping a beat, her spine ramrod straight and ready for an argument, knowing how much Regina despises those damn boxes.

Yet, despite the blatant threat, there's a rush of giddy glee that ripples through Regina's body and it's quite alarming. She really does have a sick obsession with arguing. She steps right up to the blonde, toe to toe, just like the old days and swoons over the blazing adrenaline that courses through her veins from that fire in Emma's eyes.

"Your move, Swan," she whispers through a hint of a smirk which only persuades those dainty lips to curl into a grin as well.

"Fine, have it your way, 'Gina. Box-step-ups it is," she firmly declares, ripping the boxing gloves right off her hands, but Regina's momentarily stunned by the nickname that just rolled so effortlessly off her trainer's tongue.