10

Miranda was upstairs and she watched as symphony looked as if she was in the stages of beginning to crawl. "Miranda!" Ben yelled as he jogged up the stairs. "Yess." She called back.

She lifted Symphony up and put her in her play pin with her toys. She then walked into their room. " You called me?" Miranda said looking at him. He had the biggest smile on his face. He had his phone in his hand. "What? Why are you smiling? Ben what is making you happy" Miranda asked smiling as she stood in front of him holding both of his hands.

" I got in!" Ben said excitedly.

"Got into what. Ben you are dragging this out. What is it." Miranda asked getting frustrated. "I got accepted as a surgical intern at UCLA." Ben said excited looking up at her.

Miranda's mouth gaped open and she took her hands out of his. " What. How. I mean when did you even apply. Why wouldn't you tell me." Miranda asked clearly showing her pissed, confused and sad emotion on her face.

" Right when the merger happened. I didn't tell you about it because I never heard back from them and I didn't think it was going to happen." Ben said reaching out for her; she quickly moved away from him so he wouldn't touch her.

Miranda needed some air. She suddenly felt like she couldn't breathe. UCLA. She repeated what he said in her head over and over again and then walked out onto the balcony, there she stood trying to catch her breath.

She heard the door opened. "Miranda I- I thought you would be happy for me." Ben said and she could hear the defeated sound in his voice. She blew out a breath and turned around with her arms folded. " Of course I'm happy for you. I just can't exhibit that feeling right now. I'm happy but I'm not happy at the fact that we are getting married in two months, we've been in this brand-new house for 3 months and our child is not even one years old yet and you are running off to LA to become a surgeon." Miranda said trying to remain sensitive to his feeling because she didn't want to kill his dream.

" Please know Ben that I am happy for you. I didn't even know you wanted to be a surgeon, but I want you to be passionate about your career and I don't want to crush your career dream with how I am feeling right now, so we can discuss this another day." Miranda said walking pass him and back into the room.

Almost a week went bye and Miranda still wasn't really talking to Ben and if she did, it was something about Symphony or work. Ben was honestly getting frustrated with her. Miranda got out of the car and she opened the back door to get Symphony out. Ben handed her the diaper bag and she took it. They all walked inside the hospital together. Miranda split in the opposite direction to take Symphony to daycare.

When she was done she walked into the lounge to change into her scrubs. "Everything okay with you Bailey." Richard asked walking through the door. " Uh yeah chief everything is fine. Good morning Sir." Miranda said putting her white coat on.

" I saw you and Warren walk in together. You didn't hold hands, kiss or utter a word to him when you went separate ways. What's going on with you both?" Richard asked.

Miranda felt herself getting worked up. " He got accepted as a surgical intern at UCLA." Miranda said.

"Oh congratulations." Richard said. Miranda side eyed him and then rolled her eyes.

" So, is this the reason why you are not talking to him." Richard asked eyeing her.

"How do you know it's me and not him." Miranda asked looking at Richard intently.