Chapter 20

Creek was sitting with his legs crossed, a glow bug holding him up in the air, by his hair. "Ummmmm," he sighed, quietly, his eyes closed. "Ummmmmmm."
"Creek!" Poppy yelled, standing right in front of him, her arms crossed. Creek opened one of his eyes, and smiled.

     "Hello, Poppy. And how are you on this fine day?"
"Save it Creek! What did you do to Branch!?"

     He opened his other eye, his smile fading, as he lowered his feet to the ground, the glow bug letting go of his hair, and flying away.

     "Branch? What ever do you mean, Poppy?"
"He says you told him I don't want him in troll village!"
"Oh... right. That. Yep. I totally told him that."
"Why!?"
"Because it's true. No one wants that freak around. He just ruins everything."
"That's not true, Creek! He's a troll! Just like us!"
"He is nothing like us. He's grey... he never sings... he never dances... he never hugs... he lives alone in a hole for Pete's sake! He is no troll!"

     Poppy looked away from him, upset by what he was saying.

     "He's just misunderstood," Poppy grumbled, quietly.
"Listen, Poppy. I just want to keep you safe. Keep everyone safe. I'm telling you. He's dangerous."

     She looked back at him, her eyes wide.

     "No, Creek. You're wrong. I need to go tell Branch this is all a misunderstanding, before he leaves troll village for good."