2

Mark stormed out of his room and rushed down the stairs. He could hear Jeno's angry footsteps following after him. His shoulder stung slightly at the rough grip of Jeno's hand, prompting him to stop and face his friend.

"Look, if you're only going to point fingers at me, leave me alone. Why would I be creeping around at night? I was asleep in my room."

"I asked everyone. You're the only one without anyone to back your alibi!"

"You need to chill dude. You were half awake-" Mark winced as his body felt a sharp jolt of pain. He put a hand over his mouth and screwed his eyes shut. He stomped his foot as he waited for the pain to subside.

"Cut!" Chenle announced between his laughs. He motioned for Jisung to come closer. "Jisung, give me the camera. I need to see that one more time."

"Mark bit his tongue by accident!" Jeno teased. With how loud his voice was, it could alert the house four blocks away.

"Water!" Renjun rushed over with cold water and handed it to the eldest. Jaemin looked up from his phone to see Mark's state and returned to watching when he was sure the eldest wasn't dying.

"Can't we just get this scene over with? I want to play in the pool." Donghyuck whined. He was unfortunately a part of the scene, but Mark kept messing up or Jeno would forget his line. "Jisung, are you talking to the plant?"

"No." Although Jisung flat out denied it, he was still staring down the house plant beside Chenle. Donghyuck just sighed as he sat on the bottom step to wait for filming to resume.

The scene was the start of day three where Jeno confronts Mark since he suspected the latter of snooping around and observing them in their sleep. Donghyuck's part was only to separate them and try to rationalize what Jeno saw. A great way to start the suspicions, right?

"Imagine how creepy it would be if someone was actually lurking around outside though." Jaemin wondered. He stared at the grand sliding doors connecting the house to the beautiful backyard.

"I got the chills." Renjun mumbled.

"Just call the cops and grab a weapon. We have Jeno to protect us." Donghyuck grinned. "We're safe with him."

"You think I'll protect you? I'll throw you at them and use you as a distraction." Jeno huffed. Donghyuck feigned a hurt look as he quietly sulked.

"I'm sorry, guys. I swear I'll get it this time." Mark apologized, finally regain composure. As he promised, they were able to finally get a good take of the scene.

Mark and Jaemin reviewed the footage, choosing which cuts they would take and tweak later that night. Mark's eyebrows were furrowed as he tried to drown out the rowdiness of his group members. He kept checking the script and made sure to make tiny notes for editing later.

"About last night..." Jaemin quietly opened. He looked relaxed, but his eyes kept wondering around the room. "Did you guys film the snooping scene again?"

"I thought we agreed that the first take was good enough?" Mark reminded.

There was a brief pause between the two, the sound of the mouse clicking loud in the silence. Jaemin let out a soft sigh as he leaned against the table. "You're right. It must have slipped my mind."

"Melk!"

"One second."

"Come play with us."

Mark sighed, knowing they would come over to drag him into whatever they were playing if he didn't get up. He left the remaining work to Jaemin and rushed over to Donghyuck.