"For the last time Tony. I'm not naming our son Tony. Stop telling everyone that." You shook your head and playfully rolled your eyes as your hands made their way to your lower belly.

"We already decided on a name." James Barnes looked just as happy as you were placing a kiss on top of your head while resting his metal hand on top of your hands.

"We all know it's going to be Clint." You smacked Clint jokingly as he walked by grinning ear to ear.

"Steve Pietro Barnes." You announced softly as you and James exchanged loving looks then looked over at Steve who walked over to the pair of you and pulled the two of you into a hug. Wanda rushed over and joined in crying happily speaking in a mixture of English and Sokovian.

"I... need to get out of this illusion." Loki backed away returning to the elevator. He pressed the button for his floor frantically and watched you as you stared at James up until the doors slid shut.

The silence in the elevator seemed to be almost too loud. Even louder when it came to a stop and the door slid open again.

Now what he definitely didn't expect was the door to open to the New York City streets. He walked through and out into the street. People seemed to be running around screaming and shouting frantically as the city was being attacked. Buildings being damaged and destroyed. Fire's breaking out. Smoke and ash filling the air. He lifted an arm and covered his nose and mouth until he came to an area where the smell was less intense.

It was almost like his attack on New York again. This time, it wasn't him.

"Loki, nice of you to join us." Loki stopped dead in his tracks at your voice coming from behind him. Except it was different. It was no longer warm and loving. It was cold, uncaring, and almost venomous.

He turned around slowly looking into your eyes that were as cold and empty as your voice had been. The only difference this time was they were glowing a mixture of blue and green.

"You once wanted to rule Earth. Now is your chance. Even better because this time you would have me by your side." You reached a hand out towards him. Loki looked between your hand and you then around at the crumbling city.

"I don't know what's going on here...but this isn't you, y/n." Loki lifted his hands and waved them around at the people running and the destruction of the city as it fell apart around them. 

"Isn't it? I'm only giving people what they already saw me as. A villain." You dropped your back to your side and clenched it into a fist.

"No one saw you as a villain." Loki tried reasoning taking a step towards you.

For a split moment, a look of conflict crossed your face but it was quickly replaced by a smile and a soft humorless laugh. "Well. They do now."

"What about Wanda and Barnes?"

"Hm, I'm sure they're around here. Trying to clean up my mess as always. Now, darling. You're either with me or you're against me." You held your hand back out to him but he didn't take it. He knew this wasn't you.

"I'm sorry." He shook his head and took a step back. Part of him wanted to take your hand. The old him would have. The new him though knew this wasn't the way especially not your way.

"Suit yourself." Without warning, you lunged at him with a blade. He had knocked your hand out of the way just in time. You had aimed it right towards his chest. Up close you looked even more different. You looked tired and broken. It was the complete opposite of what he had just seen at the compound. At this moment he would have almost preferred to go back to the compound to see you happy and surrounded by the people you love.