1

Obito's POV:

2 months.

It had been two months since i saw him.

Two months too long of his absence. My dearest friend, my teammate and rival alike.

Two months to discover my newfound love for him.

Kakashi, whispered the winds, who would never leave me alone.

_________ ׂׂૢ་༘࿐

There's flames everywhere.

 smoke everywhere.

the camp of the younger hunters was ambushed.

One boy in particular was still.
He was neither fleeing in terror nor offering assistance.

He did nothing but stand there.

It was as if he believed all was well, his friends weren't fighting tooth and nail against savage animals, that his surroundings weren't ablaze, the flames not flickering in his vision.

The grey haired boy
merely stood there, appearing to be unconcerned. 

Maybe he was in a trance.

However, he was quite aware of what was happening.

And though it was barely perceptible, the boy's eyes were filled with fear.           

Fear of his secret surfacing.

The fear that his almost perfect life he had pieced together bit by bit like an enormous puzzle, could come tumbling down any instant now.

He would lose all.

Fear wasn't a foreign concept to him.

All his life, he had spent in fear. Many things scared him.

His mother, his fathers death, his memories, his past, his origin, his roots.

Himself, he dreaded.
 _________ ׂׂૢ་༘࿐                                                       

Just then, the wolf pack and rogue citizens left, and it was as though nothing had happened, no violence, injury, destruction and burning, as if there was never a battle. Well, that is if you were to ignore all the havoc around you.

But the atmosphere remained the same. It had a scent.
A dangerous fragnance.

Something was astray in the air. No one knew what.

The medical team responded to the incident and used their incredibly beneficial ability to heal people to treat everyone who was wounded.

A certain someone was no where to be found. His team was antsy and agitated, expectant that he would come back to them, safe.

Boy were they in for a ride.

 _________ ׂׂૢ་༘࿐

.

.

.

.

.

.

(rewritten in 2023)