I

"I know you wanted  2A, but you got 2B. I'm sorry-."

The look on the Principal's face showed a mix between disappointment and soft bitterness. Y/N couldn't understand why. She'd made it into the hero's course, so why should it matter? But of course, questions like these never get answers. She glanced up at her older sister, Nejire, who gave a gentle smile in return.

"Is that bad?.." She asked in a mumble. Nejire shook her head furiously and gripped her shoulders, "Nope! I'm proud of you! You did it!"

         Y/N gave a slow nod, than turned back to the Principal.                                                               

He was flipping through the paperwork he'd gotten from the school application, and then the entrance exam scores. He incoherently muttered something, and from what she could catch it was along the lines of 'Wish you could live up to your sister's expectations..'  

    The three sat in silence after that. A heap of memories piled in Y/N's mind. All she could think of was how everyone compared her to her sister. Their parents, the neighbors, the tutor, the teachers, her old friends- everyone.

Well, there was someone who didn't. Mirio. He was so kind, and for once in her life, when she met him, she was treated as equally as he treated her sister. Did that mean she hated her sister? Of course not. She loved her dearly, she just wished- for once- someone would notice her for being something besides 'That Hado girl's sister!' sometimes. 

               "Y/N!"

"Oh- Oh uhm- Sorry I uh- Yeah?"

The mouse sat in the desk chair in front of them sighed softly, than handed her a paper.

"This is your Schedule, Miss Hado. Don't be late for classes and things should sail smoothly-." He said with a- this time- genuine smile. Or at least, it looked like it was. Y/N took the paper and skimmed over it, "Right."  She mumbled absentmindedly as she skimmed the paper. "Well, that should be it! If you don't have any questions, you're free to leave." Nezu said with a dismissive wave. 

                Nejire stood from her seat and grabbed Y/N's wrist. The two walked out.

As they stood in the elevator Y/N could only think of what he said. '2A, but you got 2B. I'm sorry.'  Why had he apologized about that? The classes sounded pretty much the same.  Who knows, maybe she's just dumb. 

The elevator came to a halt, and the two left the building.

------------

       "Hey, Hey! Y/N, did I ever introduce you to my friends?" Nejire piped from the driver's seat. Y/N let out a small laugh, "Yeah- I know Mirio-." She replied. "I have more than one friend! I have two!" 

Y/N couldn't help but laugh at this. Sure, her only friend was her sister and Mirio- bUt, it was jus such an odd statement. As they pulled into the driveway Y/N could see someone was home. But- who? Their parents had died from sickness years ago. 

               "I think you'll like him too! Ohh- Ohhhhh! Can I say his name? Please?" Nejire asked excitedly, Y/N opened their mouth to answer, but was interrupted. She laughed at her older sister's strong enthusiasm. 

"̶T̶h̶a̶t̶'̶s̶ ̶w̶h̶y̶ ̶s̶h̶e̶'̶s̶ ̶a̶ ̶h̶e̶r̶o̶,̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶'̶r̶e̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶"̶

"Tamaki! I'm sorry! I just spoiled like- his whole identity I- C'mon!"

The two giggled endlessly as they ran towards the door. Nejire swung it open, and the two were met with two people blowing up- balloons?

         Their appearances contrasted each other majorly. One was very familiar, though. There was cheery, normal Mirio , and then there was a boy with dulled eyes. He had dark hair, and currently all he wore was a long-sleeved white dress shirt and black jeans. The sleeves were rolled up to his elbows. Meanwhile Mirio was dressed in his usual light yellow hoodie and grey sweatpants. 

"These are our new friends Y/N!" Nejire paused with an unsure giggle, "Well- I already knew them but- You get the gist of it!" 

Nejire turned to Mirio and- presumably Tamaki, and they both set their balloons down as if on cue. "Introduce yourselves!" She demanded with a proud grin.

                     Y/N watched in stunned amazement. Surely, this was lucky. Her sister had gone out of her way to ask her  friends to befriend someone like her. She'd given her a friend group before school even started. That is too cool. 

Being so stuck in her thoughts, she'd barely realized that Tamaki was the first to come up to her. He looked so out of it- Eyebags just barely visible. She held out a hand, and he very hesitantly took it.

"I'm Y/N Hado, nice to meet you!" She exclaimed. She noticed his lip curve up a bit before slumping back down. "Tamaki Amajiki. Nice to meet you too, I guess." He shrugged. 

Y/N looked over to Nejire and Mirio. They were talking about something, though Y/N could make out what. Probably hero stuff. Oh well. 

This year was gonna be fun.