Chapter 4

Enjoy!

~~~~~~

"Niall?" I felt my heart flutter, finally speaking those words to the boy I'd met as a completely different person three years ago.

"How've ya been?" he asked, still smiling. I could tell he was just as friendly as he used to be. It's a good thing fame hadn't changed his most charming personality trait.

"I've been okay, thanks. How about you? Well, I know how you've been, actually. Biggest boy band in the world, huh?" I winked at him laughing.

He laughed along, plopping his elbow on the counter top, leaning against it. "Yeah, well."

Niall complimented my performance, making my cheeks hurt from smiling so hard.

"Did you really like it?"

"Loved it. I thought you were good at the X Factor audition, but now.... You're even better."

I blushed, biting my bottom lip to keep from smiling. "Thank you. It means a lot to me, especially coming from someone as successful as you."

He smiled, a glimmer in his eye.

"Look, Zarra. I'm gonna give you my number...." Niall began, digging for a pen in his jean pocket to write down his number on a cocktail napkin. "And I want you to give me yours."

"Five minutes into our conversation and you're already asking for my number? Someone's missed me an awful lot," I joked, smiling at Niall's loud laugh.

"Trust me honey, you're going to want my number." Niall said flirtatiously, his tongue tracing over his bottom lip.

God, I thought to myself, Niall had definitely gotten a lot more seductive since I'd last seen him.

"Why do you say that?" I asked him, searching his breathtakingly blue eyes.

"I have an offer for you." He grinned, handing me the napkin. "What are you doing, say, for the next 7 months?"

"Uhh.." I looked at him, confused.

"Cause if you're not doing anything," Niall said, placing his hand on mine. "You should open for us on our tour."

I yanked my hand away, my eyebrows knitting together. "What are you talking about?"

"Our opening act bailed on us, and our tour starts in about two months. I know you're perfect for the job, Zarra. You'll finally get to expose your talent! There's no better way to reveal your music than to tour with the biggest boy band in the world." He smiled, mocking my comment from before.

Still puzzled, I continued asking questions. "You don't even know me and you ask me to tour with you for nearly a year? Isn't there a little more planning to do before you just summon me to be your opening act?"

"Yeah, of course. That's why I told you you'd want my number." He smiled at me, trying to be as convincing as possible. "You call me when you've made a decision, yeah? Then, we'll arrange a meeting with the rest of the crew to plan with you and sign a few papers and what not."

"I-"

Niall cut me off, his loud accent drowning out my own voice. "Before you say anything, sleep on it, will ya? Give it some thought." 

He stood up then, picking up his nearly empty beer bottle. "I have to go back to my friends, I don't see 'em much anymore and they'd be upset with me if they knew I were over here talking business instead of hitting on you. But I guess you could say it was kind of both." He laughed, his eyes crinkling.

I laughed along, rubbing my temple. "Good night, Niall. If you don't hear from me by tomorrow, it means you should start searching for another act."