" What no I'm not going out to dinner with a man I just met. I don't know you." Miranda said firmly.

Ben frowned " but you have the rest of the night to get to know me and I can't leave here without you letting me take you out on a date." Ben said firmly.

" You are very persistent, but I'm not changing my answer." Miranda said looking at him intently.

Ben frowned once more, and he started to get up to go back to his table. Ben suddenly looked down as she grabbed his arm. " I'm not going out with you, but You don't have to leave though." Ben smiled; he was partially confused. He figured that she must have issues with power and that she can't be left hanging and stuff had to be on her terms.

" So, Mandy. " Ben started his sentence.

" My name is Miranda." She said sipping her drink.

"Miranda." Ben said pronouncing every syllable.

The way he said her name made Miranda clench her thighs together. Of course, she checked him out the minute the bartender pointed him out and he was incredibly sexy. She knew up front she couldn't go out with him because he made her nervous, too nervous. Nervous like a teenager with their first boyfriend kind of nervous. So, no she couldn't go out with him, she barely could keep her voice from not sounding nervous, from the little words she has said to him. That, and the fact she was still married. She frowned on the inside, she wished that she could make up her mind whether or not to call it quits. She loved Tucker but maybe love really wasn't enough to keep their marriage afloat.

" So Miranda, what do you do for a living." Ben asked .

"Guess." She said as she slowly put her lips around her straw.

Ben stared at her lips and then he looked back up at her eyes. His gesture did not go unnoticed.

"Um I would say model as gorgeous as you are but I'm going to with a teacher, for a college, a professor." Ben said narrowing his eyes trying to figure her out.

Miranda laughed and Ben loved the sound. " I'm somewhat a teacher. I'm a general surgeon. My first year as an attending. At Seattle Grace hospital. It's a teaching hospital, so I do teach. " Miranda said talking fast and smiling. Ben could tell she really loved her job and was passionate about it.

"A surgeon...so you have gifted hands."Ben said. Miranda laughed as she reached out and pushed his chest. Her hands on his body really awoke something in him and he loved it.

" So, what do you do for a living. And what's your name." Miranda asked

"My name is Benjamin, but everyone calls me Ben and I want you to guess as well." Ben said, he was interested in what she thought he was.

" your muscles are hard to miss, so You look like a personal trainer or a gym teacher." Miranda said looking him up and down. Checking him out again.

" I run and lift weights but actually. I'm an anesthesiologist at Mercy West." Ben said amused.

" Oh, you're a gas man." Miranda said giggling.

Miranda and Ben talked for a couple hours. Telling each other things about them and just got lost in conversation. Miranda really liked Ben and if she still wasn't with Tucker. She would have loved to go out with him. She never met someone and was instantly comfortable around them. He made everything seem easy. They fell into a rhythm and Miranda just moved to the beat of them.

Miranda looked back and realized her friends were long gone and she was glad that she had drove.

" Wow my friends left me." Miranda said chuckling.