For the next hour or so, Y/n happily sits in the corner, hopeful for tomorrow. But then.. the door opens.

"It's finally time for my plan, come on." Kokichi says, Y/n's heart drops.

"..What is your plan.?"

"You'll find out, just come on."

Y/n stands up and follows Kokichi out.

"Okay then, you just stand there." He seems so.. calm. So different from a couple days ago when she last saw him.

She knows it's dangerous to defy him, so she does as she's told. Then, Kokichi pulls out a knife.

"H-Huh!?" Y/n steps back.

"Ohh.. I'm sorry.. I forgot to mention that you dying is the first stage of my plan! Haha, silly me!" He slowly walks closer to her.

"Wait.. wait! Please.!" She keeps stepping backwards until her back hits a wall, Kokichi's too close for her to try and run.. so she's screwed.

"After all this.. all the times you were supposed to die, it ends like this. I get the honour to kill the one and only Y/n L/n.!"

"You.. don't have to do this.." Y/n says, trying to get him to back away.

"Yes. I do." He takes the knife and lifts it back, then thrusts it at full speed towards her head, but before it can hit her, the shutter door opens, they both look to see who it is, and an Exisal steps in. Kokichi reaches to get the control, but before he can.. Maki jumps out of the Exisal, and shoots Kokichi straight in the back with a crossbow.

He yells out in pain, then falls over.

"..Maki.!?" Y/n says, as Maki jumps down from the Exisal.

"I couldn't wait until morning, I'm getting you out of here now. And I finally wanted to kill Kokichi."

"You.. promised me you wouldn't kill anyone.."

"..Kokichi is hardly a person. If I kill him.. it'll all stop. You know that.. right?"

"..." Y/n just looks down.

Maki points the crossbow back to Kokichi. "I know about you. You're one of the remnants of despair, trying to continue Junko Enoshima's legacy.. but I won't let you. I'm not letting you win."

"Wh-What are you.. talking about.? Remnants of despair.. what's that.? And.. why are you starting up.. the.. the killing game again? Y-You already know that it's.. meaningless.. th-that I'm.. the mastermind.. do you really love killing.. that much?" Kokichi shakes like mad. He looks like he's trying to hide how much pain he's in, but it's obviously impossible.

"..Shut up.! You asshole!" Maki puts her finger on the trigger.

Before anyone can realise what's going on, even when he's dying he's still agile, just at the very second Maki is pulling the trigger, he knocks her hand a little, so the crossbow fires away from him...

..And into Y/n's stomach.

For a second the shock masks the pain, then she looks down. The arrow is lodged deep into her stomach.

"No.. No.. Y/n.!" Maki yells and throws the crossbow on the floor, then sprints over to her and kneels down next to her.

"Maki.. Maki.. it.. hurts.." Y/n sobs hysterically

"I-I didn't.. This isn't.. Why!? Please Y/n.. Please don't die.!" Maki even starts to cry a little

Y/n just shakes her head.

"The antidote.. Y/n.. i-it's gonna be fine.. I promised I wouldn't let you die.. just please.. hold on." Maki kisses her on the forehead, then runs out of the hangar.