"She killed a high member of that mob, they wanted to go after her but they knew the Shadow wasn't going down easy. So they hired fivr top assassins to kill her." He continued. Kenny paused for a moment as if he was remembering the sight of my mom.

"Was it easy? Killing your friend?" I asked. I should be mad at him, for this. But I couldn't forget Carter, when I killed him.

Kenny didn't answer my question.

"So why did you do it?" I ask once more, although I didn't know why I even ask. I already know the answer.

"It's money, right?" I said as I took another knife.

"Power." He uttered against his breath. I knotted my brows in confusion.

"Shadow was the greatest assassin I knew back in my day. I figured, if I take her down, I'd take her place. Hence, Kenny the ripper arose." He started laughing maniacally that fuelled my anger.

I went onto him and stabbed his thigh, trying to increase his injuries more. I don't want to kill him just yet. I want him to suffer first.

He groaned in pain as he breathed heavily, yet he managed to still say a few words. "You should know how it is. I watched you kill someone who was your friend too. Shadow, You're just like me."

I gripped on my dagger tightly and pulled it out from thigh, he screeched in pain as I held the dagger in the air, prepared to stab his heart non stop. He definitely crossed the fucking line.

"We're nothing alike." I said as I swung my blade when someone griped on my wrist, stopping me.

I turned to see Levi, what the hell does he want.

I stood up and pushed him away. "What the fuck Levi?!" I yelled angrily. Somehow, all of my grudge against Kenny came bursting out.

Levi's gaze remained the same, yet he wanted to say something. I could feel it. "I'm not gonna stop you from killing him, just... I need to speak to him first." He says, softening his gaze.

I continued to glare at him as I tried to figure out what his angle was. I realized, it was a personal matter.

"Please." He whispered enough for me to hear. There was a loud debate inside my head.

Fine. I'm only doing this because Levi asked me to, but I am not gonna a give that son of a bitch a peaceful death.

"You have two minutes." I said before storming away.

--

I stood with my arms crossed, leaning against the tree. I distanced myself from them, but could still hear their converstation. I don't mean to eavesdrop but, I couldn't help it.

So techincally, Kenny was Levi's uncle. Meaning to say, his full name is Levi Ackerman. I stayed right there, fidgeting my knife that was stained with Kenny's blood.

"I watched you kill someone who was your friend too."

"Shadow, you're just like me."

His voice wouldn't stop echoing through my head as I remember Carter's face covered in blood, where he told me I was still the best Captain. He had those as his dying words. And it was not even worth it. He was wrong to think that.

"Raven." I was knocked away from my senses when I heard Levi's voice. How long was he standing there?

"I've been calling you for the past five minutes, are you okay?" He ask. I straightened myself up.