𝒕𝒘𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒚 𝒇𝒐𝒖𝒓

Start from the beginning

"Draco," the brunette called on him for the third time and that's when Draco faltered in his steps, his body hesitantly turning around to face her. "You're sweating. Are you okay?" She stepped forward.

All he heard was mumbling and found it quite difficult to make a sentence out of her words. The rapid pounding in his chest making it difficult for him to capture any sound around him.

Once Draco's eyes landed on Cora's, Draco felt a pang on his chest and took a step back, a drop of sweat falling from his forehead to his cheek. He was in a cold sweat.

Cora's face was full of open wounds, bruises and blood. Everything below her face was more unpleasant to look at.

It seemed as if she were in her last seconds.

"Go away." Draco managed to say as he took a step back, rapidly turning his back on her as he took long, heavy steps to distance himself from her.

The same image of Cora laying on the ground came to his mind every five seconds and his hands flew up to his hair, his fist roughly tugging onto his hair. He was slowly crumbling and Cora was there to watch it all happen.

"I'm staying beside you," Cora stated once she stood beside the blonde. Her hand barely even touched his shoulder and he retaliated, instantly grabbing both her shoulders and roughly pushing her against a tree.

Cora gasped, feeling the strong impact of the hard tree against the back of her head, "Let go of me, Draco." She whispered firmly, yet terrified.

As much as Draco wanted to stop looking at the brunette his head was imagining, he wouldn't allow himself to do it. He wanted to intake all the injuries he had caused the girl by accepting her father's deal. It was his punishment for everything he was doing.

"Go away!" He yelled out, Cora's eyes instantly flinching as he raised his voice at her, "You're not real." He let go of her and rested his hands on top of his head, one hand overlapping the other as he took deep breaths.

The world was spinning and Draco had no idea how to stop it. It made him light-headed.

In that moment, Cora realized what was occurring and she felt stupid for not noticing it earlier. He was having a panic attack and she was only making things worse by asking him non-helpful questions.

Draco's back collided with a tree and he dropped to the floor, his shaky hands anxiously holding onto both sides of his face. Looking down at the ground, Draco visualized Cora's blank face slowly vanishing and being replaced with his mother's face.

The same bloody, open-wounded face his mother had the night before she vanished. The same night he received the largest scar carved deep into his back.

"Go away." Draco whispered, inaudible.

The platinum haired boy shut his eyes with a great amount of force and nearly whimpered at still being able to visualize his injured mother.

He made a promise to his mother that he would always picture her as the beautiful, glowing person she is, not the dim, damaged woman that his father made her seem to be with the help of his fists.

He had just broken his promise and a dark shadow of guilt clouded his eyes.

The warm embrace of Cora's arms took Draco by surprise and his mind off his mother. He inhaled sharply, feeling himself melt in her arms.