"Isn't he lovely?" Klaus says.

Adalynn walks in behind him. She has her arms crossed over her chest, disgusted, "Since when do we have a torture chamber?"

When I turn around to speak, I nearly run into Klaus. He hovers very close to me while staring daggers at the captured man. This obviousness is almost comical.

"My daughter lives here. You could have at least given me a heads up."

He makes a face at my soft tone, "What? You're not going to yelling at me this time?" His sarcasm swiftly changes when he sees my serious look, "I would never put your daughter in danger, Clara. You should know better than to think otherwise."

He's right. Of course, he's right. I react with anger to people that I cannot trust, but Klaus has never been one of those people. When it comes to our family, he would do anything to protect us. I know that, so why am I so quick to doubt him?

"I just... don't know anymore," I mumble, watching Adalynn gaze up at the man from across the room. Her face is scrunched in confusion. "What is it, Ady?"

"He recognizes you," she whispers.

All eyes turn to the hunter chained before us. He is looking directly at me.

I advert my eyes awkwardly. It doesn't matter, the uncomfortable familiarity is suddenly bothering me too.

"How do you know each other?" Klaus asks him.

"We don't," he hisses, "I've never seen her in person before."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Adalynn questions.

The hunter shakes his head, and something tells me that he doesn't really understand either.

"Can things get any weirder in this town?" I whisper to the floor.

I pull my hair away from my face. It's grown so hot in the last few seconds, though it seems to be only me. My usual response is to look at Adalynn, but she's wearing the same confused look as before.

Klaus is quick to be at my side, "Maybe you should sit down."

"I've got her," Adalynn insists, taking my hand instead. "I think a little time away from you might be beneficial."

"I would direct your anger elsewhere, sweetheart," Klaus growls.

"Or what?" She throws back at him, "Do you honestly think I can't take you?"

I can't breathe. My lungs have just stopped working as the room starts to spin. I don't hear them anymore, but I can feel the cold touch of undead hands.

Someone picks me up. My small frame would make it easy for anyone with adequate strength to do it, but this person especially has no problem. Soon, I can breathe again. The air doesn't feel so thick anymore as my lungs are filled with fresh, cool air.

I open my eyes. It seems that it was Harry who got me out of the room. He sets me down on the main staircase and I give him a nod of gratitude.

"Whatever is happening to you has to do with that hunter," Adalynn announces. She looks at Klaus, "You have to get rid of him."

"I can't just yet."

"Seriously? Do you have to make everything so damn—?"

"Can you two just shut the hell up?"

All eyes turn to me on the floor. My outspoken daughter, the overly complicated man I've adored, and the enslaved hybrid all stare down at me like I'm the last person they'd ever expect to get upset.