Chapter VI - Disaster

Sorry for not posting for a while...I was unhappy with the plot & future chapters so I made some changes.

This is a little better now I guess-?

Previously...

Diluc struggled to catch the last sight of the flowing blue hair but was disappointed.

"What are you hiding...Kaeya.." He mummers.

"You know, you don't have to do this, Kaeya," Jean said, leaning against the mirror. Kaeya was styling his hair, adjusting his new outfit appropriate for training. "You can miss a single session. You're still recovering."

"Relax, Jean. I'm perfectly capable of fighting against a few rookies." He laughed. He reached on the higher shelf for his neon blue band, signaling that he was a trainer. He slid it on his dominant hand.

"Let's go. We don't want to be late." Kaeya winked.

Jean groaned, stepping out of the room first. Kaeya followed behind her, wincing at the bright sun. He put up a hand to shield his face, slowly jogging to the training area.

It was a beautiful morning, the clouds have finally moved after weeks of rain & storms. Flowers and greens thrived, blooming after the rain. A faint line of rainbow could be seen as a gardener sprayed their hose, cleaning the sidewalk from dirt and filth. Children ran up and down the road, talking and laughing, buying candy bars, and racing to the park. A pleasant day like this was as rare as any, especially during the unknown plannings of the Abyss orders.

Kaeya frowned at this thought and tripped on a flower pot passing by Floral Whisper.

"Oops...sorry Donna!" He called behind him at a scowling girl with short hair. 

"You better come back and pay for this, Kaeya!" She yelled, waving her fist at the Captain.

"Can't right now! I'm on- Knighty duty!" He smiled, waving. The rest of her speech was drowned by the village noise as Kaeya continued on.

However, what welcomed him at the training gate was not what he expected.

"Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight!" The crowd chanted, a small-looking boy with sandy hair leading it. Without hesitation, Kaeya swooped in, pushing the group aside to get through. In the very center, two people were adjacent to each other, one scowling at the other.

The one closest to him had short, choppy orange hair, dull blue eyes, and had on a grey outfit with a flaming red banner behind it. The one further had bright teal-colored eyes, pale skin, and ashy light blonde hair reaching below his shoulders, partially pulled back in a braided ponytail. He was wearing a long white coat with short sleeves, a black hood, black and gold details, a golden chain, and lining.

"You take that back!" The orange hair snarled.

"But am I wrong?" The blond, teal eyes said. "The Fatui is just an unorganized group of idiots who only know how to cause trouble." He raised his voice at the jeering of the crowd.

He grinned at the orange hair, who faltered under his glare. "You should really mind your own business, or we'll start mistaking you for a Cicin mage."

He gritted his teeth but didn't reply, looking down at the ground.

"Unless..." He whispered. "You're another one of those delusional supporters?"

The smaller figure smirked, a look of disapproval on his face. "Losers will be losers!" He laughed.

"You-!" The orange hair leaped at the other, growling. The pale boy easily avoided his attack.