Chapter V - Wine glass

Sorry short chapter this week- :,)

Previously...

      Kaeya covered his head with his arms, pressing his face against his knees. His messy hair puffed up, a tangle of cyan blue. A deep blush washed over his dark skin, and he grumbled unwillingly.

      "..."

      "Idiot."

      Saturday morning usually had the best business. That's when the wine crates refill, and customers line up from the crack of dawn until early afternoon just for the taste of a fresh beer or a longing drink of wine.

      Diluc however, composed himself with a simple glass of grape juice.

      How ironic? The owner of a winery, having a low intolerance of alcohol.

      Diluc purged at the corner of the register, barely greeting the customers as they pile in. He had his hopes up to see a certain someone but quickly reminded himself that Kaeya was not going to be up and running in just one night.

      "Morning Sir Kaeya! The usual?"

      Diluc tensed. His sleepy state was replaced by attentiveness, and he noticed the familiar features of the Knight. Smiling brightly, he thought he looked better, other than the pale skin and the large bandage on his forehead. Last night came back in a flash, and he shuddered unwillingly.

      "Good morning to you too, Diluc." Kaeya purred.

      "Morning." He replied simply.

      "What's with the cold greeting? You know me well enough to send me gifts." He pouted his lips.

      "I don't know what you're talking about." He kept his expression neutral, looking bored, though he was feeling the exact opposite inside. Kaeya paused for a short second and leaned in, resting his cheeks in his palms. He swished around his orange drink gently, careful not to spill.

      "Haha. Very funny. Now please tell me Bitter Sunrise was thrown out, trampled on by a train, mowed over by an ox, and finally disintegrated." He looked up.

      "You're in luck. It's our best-seller." Diluc gestured toward the organized menu, shrugging.

      Kaeya grumbled quietly and turned away from him, downing yet another glass of wine. Diluc made a point of noticing it.

      "Quite the drinker, aren't you?" He commented.

      "I thought you knew me better than this, Diluc." Kaeya winked. "I'm here at your tavern every single night..."

      "Never troubled myself with who my customers are, as long as they pay for their drinks."

      "Ah...you wound me." Kaeya faked a gasp, clutching at his heart. Diluc murmured under his breath, sounding something like 'waste of human space.'

      Kaeya smirked.

      "Of course...I'm here for another reason, other than begging you not to post that revolting drink on the menu." He leaned on the table, looking relaxed. "...But it seems I'm late on the latter."

      "What happened last night at Wolvendon..." He began. Diluc stopped his action of wiping yet another wine glass, which was already sparkly clean. "I would prefer you not let anyone else know of the information, other than those...who found out." He looked down at his glass, dried bits of his drink clinging onto his cup. Diluc's going to kill him for this later.

      "I have no intention nor interest of sharing anything that is none of my business," Diluc replied, turning around. He tilted his head and watched Kaeya poured himself yet another drink. At this rate he's going to drain the entire winery's supply, so that's the only reason why he's caring. Diluc told himself firmly.

      "You seem troubled."

      Kaeya, who was raising the glass to his lips, paused. Encouraged by his silence, Diluc pressed on.

      "I know your amount, Kaeya. And even this is too much for...the usual."

      "Perhaps you remembered wrong, Master Diluc." His voice turned cold, now matching with his vision. "I have no further concerns. If you do not object, I shall be on my way."

      Kaeya hopped off the stool and downed the last of his wine. Wiping his mouth on his sleeves, he gave a forced smile to the bigger figure and waved goodbye, disappearing in the midst of people. Diluc struggled to catch the last sight of the flowing blue hair but was disappointed.

      "What are you hiding...Kaeya.." He mummers.