chapter twenty-seven

En başından başla

"maybe one day when you're grey and old, i can do it to you." she looks up at him.

he chuckles, "no thank you."

"you're such a party pooper. like what if i was dying and all i wanted was for you to promise i could whip cream your beard one day?" she sits up as he laughs loudly, "then i'd let you do it on your death bed, sweetheart."

she rolls her eyes, "lets sneak out." she suggests quietly.

he raises his eyebrows at her, "is my little sweetheart a bad girl?"

"and it's all on you. you're corrupting me, wheeler."

he grins, "well then lets sneak out, baby. but first, you need to change." his grin turns into a smirk as he scans her tank top and shorts up and down.

she shoves him playfully, "pig."

//

mike twirls el into his chest as she smiles, "would we live happier ever after?"

"i'm sure we would." he tells her as he dips her backwards and pulls her up again.

"yeah?" she asks as they continue to slow dance on the grass, "yes, sweetheart."

"but what if one day you decide that-"

"nonsense. i'll decide nothing because you are the only one. you are the only girl that stands out to me and the only girl who i'll ever love." he cuts her off.

"you only started to love me a month and a half ago." she points out.

"no. i loved you since i saw you for the first time 6 months ago. i only just realised my true feelings a month and a half ago." he corrects her as she chuckles, "okay then."

"now... we will stay together forever because we're broken souls who fixed each other." he murmurs, "and i don't want to spend my life with any one other than you. you're my sweetheart."

"mike..." she cries quietly, "i don't want to spend my life with anyone but you either. you understand me the way no one does and i understand you."

he nods in agreement, "we were broken souls of blame, baby." he whispers against her forehead as she lets out a shaky breath.

"we were... weren't we?" she leans against his chest as he nods.

"stupid of us, right? none of it was our fault but i guess, everything turned out fine." he says, wrapping his arms around her tiny frame as they start to sway slowly.

"thankfully."

"thanks to you." he adds as she smiles up at him, "thank to you too, asshole."

//

"no! i'm scared, stop!" el whines as mike sighs, "baby, my sisters are going to love you and my mom says you have to come to dinner tonight."

"why!?" she huffs, folding her arms with a pout.

"because you're our saviour as she says and apparently she says you're cute." he holds her hands reassuringly as she nods, "fine, let's go."