And the blood in her own veins ran cold at the sight.

A man that rich, powerful and determined is a man not to be messed with. Her line of work has taught her that much.

Mix in family?

There's no stopping him.

And the ones with the face of an angel are usually the most deceiving.

Lopez swallowed, her mouth suddenly dry, before gathering the right words to say.

She didn't want to say too much but she also didn't want to get on his bad side.

She wants to help the family get justice, truly.

But she also needs to stay on the moral path and she fears that someone of Kian's status may get impatient and stray from good to borderline evil to get what he wants.

She doesn't want to get caught up in that world.

Not with her job and her own family at stake.

"Well... the thing is... they've tried every possible angle and followed every usual procedure but... it's a dead end." The frightened cop shrinks into herself as she trails off, scared of Kian's reaction.

His face hardens and his body tenses.

Just when he opens his mouth to no doubt snap back at the innocent officer, a whaling cry sounds from the monitor on the telly by their side.

Lopez' head snaps to follow the sound while Kian abruptly stands up, jumping into action.

He pays no mind to Lopez, completely ditching her in his sitting room and dashing towards Kiara, taking the stairs two at a time.

Once he reaches her door he slows his actions, gently opening the door as to not startle the confused toddler anymore.

She's blatantly disorientated after waking from her nap and what she needs is gentle reassurance.

When her watery crystal blues meet his, his heart clenches.

Kian rushes over to the bedside and scoops her small body into his own, rocking her slowly from side to side.

He showers her face with affectionate kisses and her little arms shakily take their place around his neck.

Kian's temper tantrum could wait for later.

Her cries were like a switch, sending his newfound fatherly instincts into overdrive and pushing any other matter way beneath the surface.

Even if the matter did revolve around her and her previous safety.

She is safe now and all that matters is her well-being.

"It's okay my sunshine. I got you baby." He whispers, smoothing her wild bed hair down and squeezing her hiccuping body.

"Da-da." She stammers between hiccups.

"No leave me please." She pleads, completely shattering his fragile heart.

"I promise I won't princess. I was just outside, it's okay." He assures her confidently.