Chapter 9: The Golden Dragon Kingdom is Under Attack

Everyone ran for their lives leaving Shikari, Arikate, a few of their Ametiger students and Tokute alone. The students had come and they each asked Shikari and Arikate what's going on.

"The Shadow Dragon named Shaft is attacking the Golden Dragon Kingdom! And Tokute is helping him with it!" Arikate told them honestly.

"That nasty little prince!!" a young girl said angrily,"I should've known he'd be playing our dearest sensei all along!"

Shikari knew what she meant by Tokute playing her must mean he's flirting with her. Plus, she never realized he'd been playing Kashito all along. Now, she knew. He's a con-artist. And so, she turned to the first group of guards.

"Get those innocent people to safety!" she ordered them.

"On it, Shirikuka," they said as they headed over to evacuate the citizens to safety.

Shikari turned to the rest of the guards,"Half of you will deal with Tokute and the Jade guards while the other half will fina Gold! We need her to be the main key to defeat Shaft!"

"You got it, your highness!" they saluted her as half of them headed to deal with Tokute and the Jade guards while the rest headed towards the dungeon to set Gold free and get her out of dungeon.

Then, Shikari turned to Arikate and the students, "Guys, come with me!"

They nodded in definite agreement as they headed over to the palace gardens where dark shadows were roaming around. They looked at each other and nodded. The duo used their stealth skills to head over to the secret passageway to the Ametiger monastery.

Shikari grabbed her torch and they walked through the dark tunnel, each side being memories and pictures of Shikari's ancestors protecting Ametiger. If I were you, I'd look around and see how the stories of Ametiger protectors begin from generation to generation.

They reached the end of the tunnel and we went upstairs until they saw daylight. They moved forward to where the dojo was.

They ran over to discuss things out. Arikate and the students turned to Shikari for words of wisdom. She blinked, then what she said was definitely a speech.

"Alright, guys. Today is our chance to show everyone what we're made of as Ametiger Ninja Warriors or Tiger Kunoichi for females." She turned to Arikate. "Thank you, Arikate, for teaching my students about self-defense and the Way of Ametiger." He bowed gratefully.

Shikari turned to her students,"We're here because Shaft is attacking the Kingdom of the Golden Dragon. The kingdom involving the prince I love at this point. And we gotta give everything we've got. If all fails, all of Ametiger is doomed and lost in ruins forever. So while the guards are evacuating my people to safety, let's go out there to the Golden Dragon palace, fight our way in, get those citizens to safety, defeat Shaft and save Ametiger."

Then, she turned to all of them, "Are you with me on this?"

"Yes, sensei!" they all said.

"Students, are you with me on this?!" Shikari asked again.

"Yes, sensei!!!" they all said it louder.

"Great! Now, let's go save Ametiger!" she said as we go through the secret tunnel.

Then, they headed towards the middle to see which direction to go. There was a Golden Dragon sign on one of the paths, so they decided to follow it and that led to the Golden Dragon kingdom.

They ran through this path until they saw grass ahead of us. That must be the end of this tunnel. They went through the grass and what they saw was worse than they thought. People running for their lives. Fire burning village houses into ashes. Mothers holding their babies in their arms while struggling to keep them safe. The bandits taking children and babies away from grownups. Even those bandits enslaving teenagers. As for the adults, they kept trying their best to keep their families safe, but it's no good for them because they're too many bandits to deal with and not all villagers seemed to experience martial arts.

The group of Ametiger Ninja Warriors and Tiger Kunoichi ran over to fight off those bandits. Shikari used her Ametiger martial arts to fight off several bandits. Then, as she ran forward to the castle, what she saw on top of the tower was Shaft giving his allies a hustle roar. She fought off a few more bandits before she headed towards the palace. Another roar was heard and it seems that he's calling for the bandits to focus more on helping him continue his evil primary mission.

Just then, she sensed someone running after her. She ignored that feeling and kept running to the palace without any hesitation.

Just as she felt like someone was about to strike her with a katana, she heard someone taking him down. She looked over without turning to see none other than a female student, who took the katana as her weapon. She had brown eyes, fair skin and she had brown wavy hair that laid down until her chest. It's a good thing Shikari taught her how to handle katanas, so it's no problem at all. Thank you. I owe you one, she thought still running to the palace.

Shikari was still running when she heard big rocks falling on her. As she was sprinting forward to make it through before the rocks fell down, a hand grabbed her arm and they slid under those rocks with someone throwing her forward to make her a good head start.

As suspected, she turned to see the same female student, whose katana was stuck and she's not able to get it out of the rocks. Shikari walked to her and lent her a hand. She took it and got up. She wiped off the dust on my clothes as she heard Shikari's acknowledgement, "Thanks for helping me breakthrough. I would've been trapped if it wasn't for you."

"No problem," the lady turned to her. "I just want to help you keep it up. Oh, in case you're wondering, I'm Tadomikitoteka, but my friends call me 'Mika.'"

Shikari chuckled a bit in response, "It's nice to meet you, Mika."

Just then, the two bandits, appeared in front of them. The girls briefly fought them off before Mika used her skills to take weapons from them. One had a bo staff and the other had what she recognized was a rattan staff.

Suddenly, what Kimeko said before ran through Shikari's head.

"One day, the star-crossed lovers will find the Golden Dragon in the Temple of the Two Dragons to seek help and make their lives well-balanced and soon, she had to do something with Shaft and it's her one last chance to change his heart and reform into a good dragon. That time, it will be the star-crossed lovers who should help her."

Then, she had an idea. Maybe there's enough for her to do this alone, but not before looking for Shituku. Then, her head turned to Mika and told her,"I'm going to find Shituku. Keep fighting the bandits."

"I will," replied Mika.

With that being said, Mika went to fight more bandits coming for her.

Now's the time for Shikari to do her thing.