Chapter 10: The One Key to Defeat the Shadow Dragon

There Shikari was. In front of the palace gates with two bandits guarding the palace. The guards wearing golden armor can be seen lying dead on the ground. Those bandits must've killed them before they took over. Shikari must find a way in, look for Shituku, hope for Gold to come here and help her encourage Shaft to reform.

Using her calculated vision, Shikari made a plan on how to get inside the palace using her stealth skills. Somehow, she found a way through. She sprinted silently through each stone that led her behind the left bandit. Then, in the nick of time, she used her takedown skills to knock the bandit out. Once the other bandit saw this, she kickboxed his chin leading him to fall down unconscious.

Shikari's hands reached to open the gates, but she had a bad feeling about the interior of this palace. It may be undoubtedly guarded by more bandits and it might be even more secured than she thought. So what she did was run around the palace to look for another entrance.

Unexpectedly, while looking for another entrance, Shikari's foot accidentally hit the rock and it caused her to trip, but she managed to catch herself with her legs. She looked down at the rock and what she saw leads to a small peak. She moved the rock with her strength. Suddenly, her foot slid into what she felt like was down there, but then again, she managed to catch herself from falling. As she looked down, what she saw was recognizable.

A manhole.

This must be the secret entrance to the palace, she thought. She dragged herself inside and just like the secret tunnel, her feet moved like she's going downstairs. The dark tunnel was spotted, but unlike any other tunnel she encountered, it was more like a bunny's burrow.

She reached the end of the tunnel, which before her was a wooden wall. Her hand moved to open it. What she saw was a bedroom and a familiar person sitting on a desk. She slowly crawled herself out and walked to talk to a certain person.

"Shituku?"

He turned to her and his depressing expression turned into a grin. "Hey, Shikari. Nice of you to find me thru this secret passageway I created."

"It's no big deal. I was just trying to find a way in without getting caught by the bandits," said Shikari.

He chuckled,"No big deal indeed." Then a few moments later, he asked her,"So, why did you come find me? I thought you were supposed to defeat Shaft."

"Gold is the only key to defeat Shaft and if we want Ametiger to be saved, it's up to us to help her find a way to change his heart. Both of us," she said.

His confused face appears and she was certain he didn't know what she meant, "Huh?"

"Remember the time I told you about the matchmaker? She said that only both of us — the star-crossed lovers — will be able to help Gold with her last chance. If all else fails, the entire world of Ametiger will be doomed and it will be filled with nothing but apocalyptic ruins. Please, Shituku. I know there's no other way to change this, but we must do it. We must do this one thing to help Gold and save the day," Shikari held out her hand. "Are you with me on this, Shituku?"

Shituku knew that he had no other choice, so his hand reached to hers and shook it. "I'm in," he nodded in determination. His lips stretched out a smile as he did so. She smiled at him back in determination.

Now, all they must do is find Gold. The two went out the door and looked for Gold from top to bottom using only their stealth skills. One time, Shituku almost dropped his staff and Shikari had to drag him to hide behind the sofa before the bandits caught them.

Suddenly, they heard an angry roar, but this time, those words bounced off the walls. "Aargh! I told you, Gold! I can't change! I tried, but I can't because I'm the ultimate enemy!"

They hurried up to the top of the tower to reveal Gold trying to reason Shaft. "Look, I know you wanted to become a better person. Right now, this is your chance. Let's show them together how good you really want to be," Gold held out her hand.

But Shaft grew angry and roared at her,"Then, how?! People won't forgive me for being an ultimate enemy! Now, I have no one left to care about!"

Then suddenly, an idea popped into Shikari's head. She reached for Shituku's hand and they made eye contact with each other. They nodded knowing what to do. Then, after slipping her hand away from his, Shikari was the first to step forward and her hand reached for Gold's shoulder. "Don't worry, Gold. I got this," she said as she went to confront Shaft.

"Shaft. When I first met you, I thought you were a vicious enemy yearning to spread darkness all over Ametiger and defeat all its protectors, but as I heard its ancient history, I realized that what I saw in you is much more than that," she told him. You can see Shaft's concerned look on his face, but in his eyes, you can see that he felt sympathy with her words. "Matchmaker Kimeko has told me an example about how much Gold loves you and wants you to show that you're a good person at heart. And now, it's time for you to realize the same experience you have," she continued.

Shituku thought about what he was going to say to Shaft, so he walked beside Shikari and told the Shadow Dragon,"Everyone has problems when it comes to relationships, but in the end, they make it up to each other and now's the time for you to do the same with Gold."

Gold swept her arm pushing both Shituku and Shikari behind her, then she asked Shaft,"So, what do you say, Shaft? Will you change your ways or leave Ametiger in ruins?" Then, she held out her hand.

Shaft was shocked by the trio's words and a tear can be seen rolling down his right cheek. His hand reached to hers and that's when a spark appeared upon them. They both closed their eyes with smiles on their faces and they floated in the air. That's when the combined source of the power of life and death spread in explosion.

And so, Ametiger is all well and saved.