Chapter 1: Homeland

Start from the beginning

All the anger in the moment being taken out on your hair by the force of your hairbrush and soon your stony reflection wasn't the only one the mirror captured.

Aleksander stood like a downtrodden Adonis having been ignored by Aphrodite. His body covered by his black kefta, loose trousers covering himself now and his arms crossed defiantly over his broad chest. Rejected, scorned, as if he had no clue what was truly wrong.

"You'll break the brush with a grip like that."

"Any further observations of my being that you'd like to divulge?" His eyes narrowed, fighting your scorching gaze before you diverted it back to the materials in front of you. A small triumph for Aleksander because he took it as an invitation to approach.

"Why so short?"

Aleksander's hands enclosed themselves around your shoulders, gripping the finely covered skin so his warmth seeped through and onto you. There was the intoxication of his touch that was so difficult to ignore even with the growing contempt in your heart. Once more, you couldn't compute an answer. The man behind you swung one of his legs over the chase and then the other, sitting behind you and letting his hands move from your shoulders to your arms to your waist.

"Don't lie to me."

You watched his reflection cautiously in the mirror, his own eyes staring right back. The feel of his body flush against yours was enticing, causing the familiar reactions of the night before and the many nights before that one. Every shallow breath he took, you could feel. Each movement of his muscles dancing on your barely covered body. Aleksander knew what he was doing, he knew it too well.

"Don't you have somewhere you need to be?" You asked him as he lowered his face into your neck, his breath hot and beyond distracting.

"I suppose. Though I'd rather be here." The scoff that escaped your lips was unavoidable, but he passed it off and didn't say anything. He continued to let his lips trace your shoulder, collarbone, and neck until he reached your ear. His eyes striking to look at yours in the mirror once more.

"Right here." Lie.

"With you." Lie.

"Under me." Not a lie.

"Unraveling by my touch, saying my name." Not a lie.

With each assertion, his hands traveled down, slowly undoing the tie of the robe. His hands blistering against the skin of your hips, moving inwards to your pulsating core. How you wished you never had this reaction to him or his touch.

"I have duties to attend to today." It was an excuse that he wasn't willing to acknowledge.

"So do I, but I make time for other, more important activities."

"Important." You muttered and were quickly reminded of everything that had changed over the last few weeks. Yet, the man behind you tried making you forget. He tried to keep you at bay and on his side.

"Yes, important." His teeth pulled on your ear lobe before releasing it with a light pop. One of his hands moved back upward, exposing your breasts in the reflection. Aleksander rested his forehead against your cheek, breathing in deeply as he pulled you taught against his body, feeling you where he wanted you.

He gripped one of your breasts with a rough hand as yours shot up to meet his. You didn't stop him; you weren't going to, and you would scold yourself later for not.

"Aleksander..." You warned with a shuttered breath.

"Let me show you how important you are." It was lies. It was all lies yet when you faltered and turned your head, lips meeting his in a searing, stormy kiss, you couldn't stop. The hand that had been on his moved to his face, holding it tightly as you allowed him to deepen the kiss.