Chapter Twenty Five ~ Our Differences

I yank my hand away from Jon's and look at him. His beautiful blue eyes were full of sadness and hurt. Maybe even regret? I started to feel bad.

No.

Kathryn, don't feel bad about what he has done to you.

I looked down with my hands folded in my lap.

I see Jon's hands make their way back on top of mine, but before he can do anything, I yank my hands away once again and quickly get off the bed.

"Kathryn, I . . ." Jon starts, but he didn't finish what he was going to say.

"Why did you come here?" I ask quietly, looking down at the ground.

"I wanted to see you. To talk to you." He replies.

I look at him. My blood begins to boil with every move I make. My heart is pounding, but I ignore it. "You wanted to come here," I start, my voice getting louder as I speak. "And-and see me and talk to me?" I yell.

"Well, yeah, Kathryn. I feel-"

"I don't care what you feel! How about what I feel, huh? What am I feeling, Jon?"

He didn't respond. Instead, he ran a hand through his hair. I took this opportunity to continue.

"Have you forgotten about what you have done? What you did to me?!" I yell. "You don't deserve to come here and see me! You don't deserve to talk to me!"

"Kathryn-"

"No! Don't say my name! Don't you dare . . ." I say, but I can't continue,

Because memories of Jon and I were playing in my head. Good memories. All the good memories we ever had together. Every one of them.

I could tell Jon was looking at me, wondering what was going on.

I couldn't. I couldn't take it.

I fell on my knees and began crying. I could hear Jon immediately rush over to my side to comfort me. He wrapped an arm around me, and I let him. I didn't push him away or anything.

"Shh, it's okay. You're okay." He assured.

I laid my head on his chest and wrapped my arms around him.

I love Jon. I always will. But I just can't be with him if he's the reason why I end up in a hospital. If he had only changed his ways, then I believe that we would be happy together. But he's a monster.

He's a monster for beating me. For raping me. For leaving me on the cold ground like I'm trash. I'm not trash, am I?

After the crying had stopped, my eyes felt heavy. From the crying, perhaps?

Jon helped me up off the ground.

With his arms still wrapped around me, I notice this and I yank myself away from him. I hear him sigh, but I'm too scared to up into his eyes. I'm too scared of getting lost in them. I'm too scared of Jon.

"I think you should go, Jon." I tell him, finally getting the courage to look up at him. I see a few tears fall from his eyes, and it made me feel like I had just been stabbed in the heart. I can't stand to see him hurt like this because it makes me want to help him. To comfort him just like he did with me on the floor. I couldn't see him upset. I'd give in, so I turn my head away and I look back down on the floor.

I hear Jon sigh once again. I hear his footsteps come close to me, and I back up against the wall.

I have no way of escaping Jon, so I keep looking at the ground.