Chapter Twenty Four ~ Unexpected Visitor

We had just finished watching Full Metal Jacket, my all-time favorite movie. April sat on the end of my hospital bed, while Colby sat in a chair next to us.

"Tell me again, how many times have you watched this movie again?" April asks me, yawning.

"About a million times." I tell her sarcastically. She looks back at me with one eyebrow raised. "You have no life, Kathryn." She says.

"Obviously it was sarcasm." I reply, rolling my eyes. April tilts her head and smiles. "I know!" She peeps.

"Weirdo." I mumble. April narrows her eyes at me. We hear Colby chuckle and at the same time, we turn our heads to look at him.

"What are you laughing about, Cruella de Vil?" I ask, crossing my arms.

"Ahaha." He laughs, sarcastically. "Like I haven't heard that one before." He says in an unenthusiastic tone of voice.

"Did you choose to have both blondé and black hair because you couldn't choose between the two?" April asks.

"Yeah, I think that's it." I say, smiling at April.

Colby points his finger at April. "You are the worst girlfriend ever." He tells her. She crosses her arms and sticks her tounge out at him. He mumbles, "Real mature."

Then he points at me. "And you are the worst best friend ever."

"Ugh, I wish I never met you." I tell him.

"I wish you never came to the WWE." He says.

"Colby!" April yells. He turns his attention torwards her. "Relax." He says, followed by a chuckle. "The crippled knows I'm joking."

"The crippled has feelings!" She exclaims, raising her hands in the air, then immediately dropping them.

"The crippled is right here!" I say, mocking April by throwing my hands up in the air.

"Why, hello, Ms. Crippled." Colby says with a laugh.

I give him an are-you-serious look. He winks.

April stands up and stretches her arms out. Colby gets up and does the same. "Well, I think we should get something to eat." She says. She turns to me. "Do you want pizza?"

I shake my head, indicating that I did not want pizza.

"Subs?" She asks. I shake my head again.

"How about Chinese food?" She suggests. I nod my head, tekking her I want Chinese food.

She playfully rolls her eyes and chuckles. "I knew it."

"You know what I want, right?" I ask.

"Yep." She says. "We'll be back in about thiry to forty-five minutes."

"Alright. Be safe." I tell them as they say goodbye and walk out of the room.

I take this time to get a little shut-eye, and I slowly close my eyes until all I see is the color black.

~ I was laying in my hospital bed, looking out the window. It was late at night. The middle of the night, perhaps.

It's quiet, too quiet. I can feel my heart pounding for some reason. Am I scared? Scared of the dark?

No, that's silly.

All of a sudden,  I hear a faint voice calling my name. I look around the room frantically as the voice got louder. I look behind me as best as I could.

When I turn back around, I see a lady with short dark brown hair, light blue eyes, and a long white nightgown on.

My mom.

"Mom?" I say just above a whisper. I look at her carefully as she looks back at me. Her lips were formed into a small frown and her eyes had a hint of sadness and worry in them. "It's okay, Mom. Carl is in jail. He's in jail for what he did to you." I tell her. She closes her eyes and slowly shakes her head.

"What? What is it, Mom?" I ask.

She opens her eyes and looks at me again. She places her hands on her heart. "Be careful, Kathryn. Please, don't let him take you." She says in a ghostly whisper.

At this point, I'm confused. "What? He won't take me. He's in jail."

"Not him." She responds.

Before I could say anything else, my mom blows me a kiss and she dissappears.

I ask myself,

What just happened?~

I wake up to a knock on the door. When I open my eyes, I notice that my vision is blurry. I wonder if the doctors and the nurses gave me something while I was sleeping.

When the door opens, a man steps inside. I can't tell who he is because of my blurry vision, but I see that he has a black hoodie or long sleeve shirt on with dark jeans. He also has something that looks like flowers in his hand, and in the other hand, I see a small rectangular shape.

The man, who has messy light brown hair, sets the stuff on the table with other gifts that people had given to me.

He walks over to me, and holds my left hand in both of his. "Hello, Kathryn." He says in a deep, raspy voice.

My eyes widen as I realize who is in the same room with me, holding my hand.

Jon.