154. For Better Or Worse

Start from the beginning

Kageyama carefully sat up, making sure he didn't pull any of the wires that were still attached to Hinata. The nurse noticed the confusion on his face.

"You went into a rage at the zoo... You nearly killed the alpha that you attacked... So they brought him here so you'd still be able to be with him."

Kageyama stared at her, more confused than before.

"Almost killed?" the question was quiet and almost inaudible.

"No one told you?" the nurse questioned.

Kageyama shook his head as a sense of dread washed over him.

"He's in a coma... From what I heard anyway. You were incoherent when the police and medics arrived. They had to sedate you... If they hadn't, you would have probably killed him, and instead of laying here, you'd be in a jail cell, and Hinata would be alone. Since they don't allow "dangerous." alpha's on the omega floor, they brought him here since we had extra rooms available, " the nurse explained and watched as Kageyama's facial expression turned to one of absolute dread.

"Don't worry about that too much... Just worry about him for now, okay?" she said and finished doing what she had been doing with the machine. "I need to take some more blood real fast... You can stay in your comfortable or wait in the hall or waiting area."

"I'll stay, " Kageyama said somewhat hesitantly.

The nurse nodded.

"Okay, I need you to get off the bed, though, so that I can get him into a better position."

Kageyama didn't like the thought of this; however, he felt like he had no choice. He got up and took a few steps away from the bed. He glanced around the room, which was still dim, with the only light still being the dimmed light from over the bed.

That quickly changed though, as the nurse flipped the switch that turned on the bright fluorescent lights that burned Kageyama's eyes as they adjusted.

He watched as the nurse rolled Hinata from his side to his back and tied a band around the top of his arm. She took a needle that had a tube attached with vile and stuck it into Hinata's arm right where the bend was.

Kageyama had to stop himself from flinching as he watched and had his hands balled into a fist, stabbing his nails into his palm to stop himself from stopping her. He felt his stomach churn as he watched the crimson color of Hinata's blood fill the vile.

He turned around to face away from it, somewhat embarrassed that it had made him feel like that.

"Don't worry; I've seen Alpha's, Omega's, and Beta's all pass out or throw up from watching. Blood isn't everyone's favorite thing to see, especially when it's being taken for from someone you care about," she said, trying to ease Kageyama's embarrassment, as she finished and pulled the needle from Hinata's arm.

Kageyama stared in the direction of a corner of the room, trying to ignore what he had seen. That was when he spotted the backpack that they had gotten from the stand at the Zoo. In all the chaos he had almost forgotten them.

"Do you want me to bring you anything?" The nurse asked as she picked up the tray with the supplies and vials of blood.

Kageyama shook his head, his eyes, and thoughts and only fixated on the backpack in the corner.

The nurse turned the lights off once again, leaving Kageyama in the dim lighting.

"Just press that button if you need me, "  she said and headed out of the room.

Kageyama stood there in silence for a few moments before walking over to the backpack and opening it. He took out the panther and the tiger and looked at them for a moment before turning to the bed and walking back over to it.