|Chapter 1|

"WE ARE WILD, WE ARE LIKE YOUNG VOLCANOES"

"Shut up, please," I pleaded whilst rubbing my temples.
"No, I HAVE THE RIGHT TO SING!" She replied in a sing-song voice whilst leaning forward to increase the volume of the radio.

Linni could always surprise me with her immaturity.

I took my eyes off of her and focused back on the road with a defeated sigh.
The car ride from the airport had been long enough and with the added bonus of Linni's constant nagging, it had become a living nightmare. I had always prided Myself to be a patient person.
Then I met Linni.
I am convinced that I heard "are we there yet?" about a million times, and didn't know how many more times I could take it before I would fatally hurt her.

However, she wasn't always such a pain in the ass as I portray her to be. Linni had been my best friend since we both moved to the boarding school known as St. Joseph's School For Girls, when we were twelve. Whilst we quickly bonded due to the fact that we were both confused teenagers who had just been sent to live on their own, we also quickly discovered that both Linni and I were werewolves. And whilst it may seem like a drastic deduction to make of someone's character, it is easy to notice another wolf in a sea of rich, spoilt mundane girls.
So from that moment Linni and I began to grow closer and now share a deep bond both between us, as well as our wolves. And whilst it may sound cheesy, Linni will forever be the sister I always needed.

So here we were. Recently graduated high school and on our way home. In Linni's case that meant returning to her beloved family and loving pack, whilst for me that meant returning to my neglecting uncle's pack. And yes I know I shouldn't be complaining as I am lucky enough to live in the safety of a pack which somewhat respects me, but I was never truly part of the pack anyway. I moved into my uncles pact when I was about 5, when my parents had recently died, and left behind a rogue pack and an orphaned child. Therefore it was decided that I should move in with my uncle and his pack. Once again, I don't want to complain about Uncle George's pack, but as a young girl I never felt part of his small group of alcoholics. So therefore when I was old enough, I packed my bags and moved to boarding school with the limited amount of funds my parents had left me.
So whilst Linni might have been excited to get home, I on the other hand was not.

"I need to get out," my wolf suddenly commented, interrupting my self-pity.

"What?" I replied, my confusion clear.
Whilst we had often taken our wolves out during our time at school, she never begged me to take her out herself.

"I just NEED TO GET OUT NOW!" my wolf practically screamed in reply.
The sudden reaction of my wolf Startled me, and caused me to quickly pull the car over and stumbled out.

I leaned against the car to catch my breathe and turned towards Linni wanting to explain my sudden stop.

"You too?" Linni asked.
Suddenly I realized that Linni had actually grown very quiet right before I pulled over and once again my confusion grew.

"Me too, what?" I replied.
"Your wolf stirring as well isn't she?" She looked at me whilst tilting her head to the side. Her her face remained neutral, however I could see her eyes stirring with life.

I simply nodded back.

"Let's just go for a run and then we'll just get back on the road," I suggested.

She mumbled some what of a reply and walked to the back of the car, where she grabbed some spare clothes from the suitcases. She tied the clothes around her angle and then proceeded to shift into her wolf, leaving the clothes she had been wearing, in pieces behind her. I didn't wait much longer and quickly followed, feeling a relief spread through me as I shifted into my golden wolf.

Linni's wolf and mine were quite similar. Mine was a faint golden one, whilst hers was a darker blonde with white highlights. Both of our wolves were also fairly large. Not as large as an alpha's, but larger than most she wolfs were.
We had kept in shape at boarding school and we had gone running frequently, and we had even managed to go to several self defense boxing classes. Not that there was much to defend yourself from at St. Joseph's apart from cliche mean girls.

We began sprinting and I've never felt so alive ever since I turned for the first time. We ran underneath a canopy of trees and the light was fighting it's way through the thick layer of leaves.
All my senses seemed heightened and I felt as if I could feel all of nature beside me, as if i could even feel the grass growing beneath my paws.
As I mentioned before, we had let our wolves out quite frequently during our time at school, but I've never felt as free as I did at that moment and I had never felt as alive as I did then. Something in me felt different. I couldn't figure it out then, but I felt as something was pulling towards the Deep shadows of the Forrest.

I began to sprint faster, Linni right behind me. I could feel the wind through my fur and the damp grass below my paws made it fairly slippery, but I payed no attention to it. I was running between trees, jumping over the logs on the grass, almost flying with the birds which were swooping beside me.

It felt wonderful.

Suddenly, the feeling was bliss was gone and I started feeling uneasy. I slowed down a little and began to scan my surrounding, looking for any signs of danger. There was a powerful atmosphere surrounding us and I could feel my wolf quietly whimpering deep inside of me.

I glanced at Linni, but she didn't seem bothered, so I shook my head and followed her lead, ignoring whatever my wolf was feeling and tuned her out. I needed to focus on the excitement of the run. What could possible hurt us here?

But as I turned to face forward once again, a strong force hit my left side causing me to loose my balance and fall to my side.

I dropped onto a log and a burning pain shot up at my side, and I let out a small whine as I regained balance. I did my best to stand up again and to regain my balance. As I did I felt a sharp pain on my left side and I could already tell that it was going to leave a bruise. I didn't want to show any sign of weakness in front of whatever had hit me, so I stood up straight and lifted my head.

But as I raised my gaze I was quickly met with a pair of strong yellow eyes.

In shock, my eyes moved along the owner of the eyes, and I realized I was facing a huge black wolf. And when I say huge I'm not over exaggerating. Never had I seen a wolf of his size and whilst I could not hear my wolf as strongly at the moment, I was sure she was crying inside. A sense of fear swept over me as I could only imagine the damage that this wolf could cause me.
But as my gaze turned from the yellow eyes I realized that they weren't alone.
Behind them stood about 20 other wolfs who were all growling at me. And right beside them was a grinning Linni. If I thought I had been confused before, I was dumbfounded now.

As my focus went back to the wolf before me I could the emotions inside of me explode. One after the other, every nerve in my body set on fire.

The scent, the wolf and the eyes.

My wolf who had previously been timid now began to scream inside me:" Mate! Go and get mate!"
I tried to focus my attention back onto the scene before me, but the intense pounding in my head left me in shock. I stood there quietly, unable to move. Millions of questions rushed through my head, but none seemed to be able to reach my mouth. And I stood there quietly.

And I remained quiet until I was woken up by Linnis shriek;

"Big brother!"