***

9.31PM, Friday, Dec. 5th

Javotte Public, New York

God, this was awkward.

I tried to keep the eye contact with him. Was this the etiquette? To stare into each other’s eyes “romantically”, swaying to the R&B music in the background (mental note – SexyBack by Justin Timberlake is not a good song to slow-dance to)? He was rambling on about Mozart, or Monet, or Manet, or someone…

My eyes started to water, and we “stared”. Why the hell wasn’t he blinking? Wasn’t he human?

Okay, now this is just getting boring…

“Don’t you think that his style was so influential? I mean, he’s probably…”

 Kill me now. I’m serious. Shoot a bullet straight through my skull.

In the end, I told him I had to go to the restroom. A second longer, and my heart would’ve stopped of boredom. I caught sight of Jake, through the crowd. Crap. I’d forgotten about him. How long had he been standing there, waiting for me?

Semi-guiltily, I walked up to him. He was being crushed by a semi-circle of sophomores, and trying to get their hands on his flesh. A group of their abandoned escorts huddled in the corner, glaring at Jake,

“What school do you go to?” one of the girls asked eagerly.

Jake didn’t answer.

“How old are you?”

No answer.

“Are you a model?”

“Jake?” I asked, my voice soft. I glanced back at Blane – he was drinking water (how adventurous), and was apparently finding it so good that he wasn’t paying any attention to where I was right now.

Jake looked up. His grey-green eyes staring at me intensely, making my legs jellify and, slowly, a tired half-smile on his lips. “I didn’t move. I promised I wouldn’t, and I didn’t move.”

My heart melted. He hadn’t even moved when the sophomores had violated him… He was so sweet... then I remembered the little bet we had, and what he would get if he won – which he had, I guess. My heart froze again.

After a few minutes of hard labor, I managed to drag the sophomores away from Jake. They left, glaring at me, and giving me the finger. I gaped at their disappearing backs. Youth are so rude these days. No respect for their elders.

“Can you believe them?” I said, annoyed. “What rude little –”

Jake picked me up, and threw me over his shoulder. I thrashed around, desperately trying to pull the dress down, so the humungous granny panties I wore to avoid feeling exposed, wouldn’t be seen by the world. Everyone stared up at us, and I blushed red.

“Let me down!” I yelled, pounding on his chest. “Put me down, right now! What the hell are you doing?”

“I’m taking you away,” he replied, calmly, shoving people out of the way for us to leave. “Remember our little bet?”

“Yeah, I do, but you can’t…!” I screamed. “Everyone is staring at me!”

He ignored me, and made his way to the door. Even at a time like this, I couldn’t help but feel his muscles through his thin t-shirt. My heart thudded against my ribcage… he was so strong…

And as I left (well, forcibly dragged out), I caught sight of Blane’s shocked face. Oh crap. I’ll have to explain this one later.

***

Chapter Six: Dancing

Dancing. This is so hard to gauge. Do you boogie, moonwalk, slow-dance?

I advise you to do whatever seems appropriate with the music playing. The romantic slow-dance can be right at the end. You should take the upper hand, and lead him into doing the dance that you want, because as every girl knows, guys are stupid. You can’t trust them on anything, and this is the same. If it were up to him, you would be staring into each other’s eyes awkwardly, while trying not to step on his toes, trying to gently rock to SexyBack. And that is impossible.

***

Author's Note: I wrote the paragraph above from personal experience. Never ever slow dance with a guy to SexyBack. It's awkward and stupid. I didn't actually include in this chapter what I did next... What I did was grab his hand, because in some heat of the moment thing I thought I might do a twirl. Last moment, I chickened out, and I just went under his arm and walked off.

God, I'm an idiot.

Anyway, Poll: Jake, Oscar, Blane?

VOTE AND COMMENT!! VOMMENT!!!