Chapter Two

I paced around the room. Jim Moriarty just sat there watching me.

"You do pace around quite a lot, don't you?" Jim asked.

"Well," I said before sitting down in a chair. "Yeah, kind of"

"Why is that? Are you nervous about something? Worried, scared, perhaps?" Jim asked.

I turned around to face him. A cold stare fell upon my face. "Scared? What one earth would I be scared of?" I asked.

"Me." Jim said.

I shook my head. "You really think? No, Jim Moriarty. I'm not scared of you. I never have been" I said.

Jim raised an eyebrow. It was almost evident that he found this intriguing. I was assuming that a lot of people feared him, and not many, or maybe no one, didn't.

"You don't fear me? And why's that?" Jim asked.

"Because, I've been through a lot of bullshit. I've been emotionally and physically abused. My mind has been messed with over and over. I've been kidnapped, tortured. My friends have been killed right in front of me. I don't fear you, because I have no reason to. You couldn't do anything to me that I haven't already been through" I said.

"I didn't ask for a sob story, just a simple answer" Jim said. "I'm not going to pity you"

"Good. I don't need your pity. I don't need anyone's pity." I said, a hint of anger and annoyance lacing my voice.

"You're angry. Something happened in your past, something that enrages you. You want revenge, don't you?" Jim asked.

"Maybe. Maybe this, part of me, wants those people, the ones who hurt me, killed the people I care about. That part of me wants them to pay for what they did." I said.

"Then, why haven't they? Why have you just let them get away with what they did? You're clever, you could get away with it, maybe with some help" Jim said.

"Why? Why would you help me? I know the type of person you are. I've worked your cases. Studied what little files or information Sherlock had been able to gather. I know who you are, and you are not the type of person to help people." I said.

"Mm, well, that's true. Normally. But, I could make an exception." Jim said.

"What's the catch?" I asked.

"So, you really do know me?" Jim asked.

"Yes, yes. There's always a catch in these types of situations. Just get on with it" I said.

"Get Mycroft. Bring him to me, or rather, to a specific location for me. Don't be suspicious, if you are you'll get caught. Be careful, then, my men will handle the rest." Jim said.

"That's it, you just want me to get Mycroft? What do you want with him?" I asked.

"You don't care, do you? I mean, that is really my business after all" Jim said.

"Tell me, or no deal" I said.

"You've got some fire in you, guess it matches well with the darkness inside of you, doesn't it?" Jim said.

"Okay, whatever. Clearly this whole thing is a waste of my bloody time" I said before getting up.

Jim rolled his eyes. He didn't know what I was going to do next. I think that was part of what he liked about me, I confused him.

I walked over to the door. "I'm not doing anything for you. Not now, not ever" I said.

"We will see about that, my dear" Jim said calmly.