1: Chaotic (Not So) Little Family

Third Person P.O.V

Calli can be seen pacing nervously back and forth in the hospital waiting room, Gura and Ina were trying their best to calm the reaper down but that's hard to do when said reaper's girlfriend is about to give birth to their first child. "Maybe you should sit Calli, Kiara wouldn't want you panicking like this" With a reluctant sigh the pink-haired girl takes a seat, her foot tapping against the floor anxiously. The lovers look at each other in worry and share a sigh, Gura offers Calli a water bottle which the reaper takes with a quiet thank you.

The group goes silent as Calli plays with the cap of the water bottle with nervous fingers, she turns to her friends with a genuine look of fear on her face. "Will she be alright, she seemed in pain when we arrived" Ina offers her tall friend a tender smile, "The way humans give birth is probably completely different from the way phoenix do, I'm sure Kiara will be completely alright" Before Calli can respond a nurse walks into the waiting room, "Calliope?" Calli immediately stands to her feet and walks toward the nurse who gives her a warm smile.

"I-is she alright?!" The nurse simply smiles and gestures for the reaper to follow her, Ina and Gura usher the girl to follow the nurse. Upon reaching the room Calli lets out a shaky breath and walks into the room to see Kiara lovingly caressing a monstrous-sized egg. 'Did she really push that out of her?! But she complained that the di-' Calli's thoughts are interrupted by Kiara's surprisingly upbeat voice.

"Calli Calli look!!" Calli smiles tenderly at the chic- phoenix who smiles back brightly with a small sign of tears in her eyes. "This part I'll need her help with Calli" The girl gives her partner a look of confusion but sits next to the girl in the nest of blankets and pillows sat on the ground. Kiara grabs Calli's hand in a loving grip, "I need you to kiss me with as much love as you can" The reapers face flushes pink and she glances at the nurse in the room who gives her a nod and walks out the room, closing the door behind her. 

"Is this really necessary Kusotori?" Calli looks down at the egg with a look of confusion, Kiara had carried the egg in her human form for nine months so they had all assumed she would give birth like a normal human would and she did, just not in the way they thought. "It's so the baby can hatch Calli, if we don't then we'll have to wait for them to hatch on their own" Calli looks at her lover with confusion, "How long would that take?" Kiara puts on a thinking face, "Well the average bird eff takes about 21 days to hatch but since I'm a phoenix our eggs, without help, could take up to 100 yea-" 

Kiara is interrupted by Calli pulling her into a soft kiss, the phoenix sinks into the reapers control and lets her mind slip. Calli pulls away slowly as Kiara sits with her eyes still closed and a shit-eating grin across her face, "I'll never get tired of kissing you" Calli blushes and looks away from the phoenix who smugly chuckles.

"Just do your weird bird stuff already, I want to see our child" Kiara smiles cutely and kisses Calli's cheek before facing the egg and letting out a deep sigh. "You're going to feel a bit drained after this, sorry in advance" Calli simply nods and squeezes Kiara's hand reassuringly, with another sigh Kiara closes her eyes and gently places her hand against the egg.

In only a flash the egg is engulfed in pink and blue flames. Calli winces and squeezes Kiara's hand while watching the shown of dancing flames. Not before long the flames begin to the form of two people, one taller than the other and both different colors. One of the forms is facing away, the other reaching out to said form. The flames change to the two forms facing each other, holding hands. The two forms begin to dance and become one, the colors of the forms mixing into their own color.

Then a final flame is shown, a small phoenix in the colors of pale orange, dirty pink, and a dusty blue. Calli looks at the form with awe-stricken eyes which widen when the egg bursts into flames once again and become ash. Kiara sighs deeply and opens her eyes to smile at the dumb stricken reaper beside her, "What just happened?!" Kiara smiles widely and pats the reaper on the shoulder gently. "It's a girl and her feathers are beautiful"

Calli still sat in shock, not processing what her soon-to-be fiance had said. "She isn't dead don't worry, this is the way phoenixes are born. In just a bit our baby girl will be right in front of us although she'll be asleep she'll know we're here" Calli nods shakily and brings Kiara's hand to her lips, leaving a tender kiss.

"The whole kiss thing was a lie, by the way, I only needed to hold your hand" Calli freezes and glares dangers up at the orange-haired girl, "Kusotori are serious?!" Right before Calli could attack the bird a small crackle is heard. Kiara's head snaps toward the small pile of ash with an expression of excitement, "Calli it's happening!!"

Calli nervously holds Kiara's hand as the phoenix bounces in her spot, "Come on baby you got this" Kiara's words of encouragement caused another crackle to be heard as the ashes begin to turn to embers.

Tears fill Kiara's eyes as the embers turn to small pink flames that begin to dance around the couple. Kiara removes her shield and flashes Calli a smile before transforming into her phoenix form. Calli watches with loving eyes as the small pink flame dances around Kiara before finally taking the form of a much smaller phoenix decorated in orange, pink, and blue feathers.

The small phoenix floats down onto the blanket nest as its flaws die down to show off its pale feathers. Kiara transforms back into her human form as tears roll down her cheeks. She gently picks the small phoenix up and softly brushes the feathers on her head causing her to lightly let out a purr-like noise.

Calli watches with small tears in her eyes, who would have thought. Calliope Mori having a child and with the one person, she swore annoyed her the most. Calli wraps an arm around Kiara and snuggles into the reaper's body and leans against her front.

"Now I have two chickens to deal with" Kiara lets out a light laugh and kisses Calli's cheek, "I love you, my Mori" Calli smiles down at the phoenix, "I love you too Kusotori and you as well Sōjitori"

A/n: Clara's phoenix form looks something like this, I'll try to make a better version later since this was made in a rush. Clara's feathers will get brighter in color and darker in some shades as she grows older and matures.

Sōji – Clean, pure

Tori – Bird