"I know baby, we can go home but not right now ok?" Her lip caught in between her teeth, worrying at it.

"Why not?" It came out more as a plead or a cry for help rather than a normal question, not a question any child should ask. His eyes burned with the need to cry and his throat was thick and groggy yet he answered with the calmest voice he could moister.

"Well you see, there's...there's something growing in your tummy" Her small teeth bit on her lip hard.

"Like when Papa had me growing in his tummy?" Harry smiled though it didn't reach his eyes.

"No it's more like- like a flower. You have a flower growing in your tummy but, it's not a flower that should be there so the doctors are gonna make you sleep for a bit ok? just a little bit while they take the flower out" A sobbed rocked through her frail and pale body, her shiny strawberry blonde hair splayed out in the white pillow, her hands gripping at the sheets and her dads hand as if her life depended in him. Harry had the idea it did.

"Then we can go home?" He swallowed again and rubbed soothing circles in the back of her hand.

"Mhm, now what do you say I call Papa and we can all be here with you 'k? we can kiss you and protect you like we always do" She nodded, her face scrunched up.

"I'll be right back ok? Grandma Molly and Gran-mére Narcissa will be with you while i fetch Papa ok?" The word felt foreign in his tongue but he knew it comforted her daughter. He stood up and smiled a strained smile at Narcissa and Molly who's faces were both red and their eyes shining with tears. The two walked in the room with smiles in their faces.

He walked to the small waiting room just outside his daughters room. His husband was slouched on his seat, his shoulders shaking with unheard sobs, fist furiously wiping at his eyes and trying to stop the tears from coming to no avail.

"Draco" He swallowed and waited for his husband to hear, as soon as he did, a pair of fragile and too skinny arms hugged around his neck, the outline of ribs poking out from the body snuggling into his and wet tears leaving a clear trail and a wet stain in his shirt. And only then did he let himself cry. And cry they both did, for almost fifteen minutes they cried standing together in the middle of the waiting room, eventually he looked down to his husband and kissed his cheek.

"She wants to see us both" Draco nodded and together, they walked inside the room. Not even hiding their tears.

"Papa? Daddy? why are you crying?" At the sight of her parents in distress, she started crying too. Her pale body shaking in the small bed of the hospital, they both rushed to her side with Molly and Narcissa leaving to give some privacy, their hands covering their mouths to keep their cries inside.

"No no it's alright darling, your daddy and I accidentally fell off from one of the chairs outside and we got a scrape but we kissed it ok, no tears now darling come on, we're ok" He faked a smile, and Harrys heart skipped a beat and crumbled at how good he was at it.

"Are they gonna- gonna cut me like in movies?" More tears leaked from her puffy red eyes and Draco sighed next to him.

"Yes baby, but only because they need to get the flower out remember?" She nodded and forced a tiny smile, the kind that she would usually use when she was trying to be brave for her parents, both of them knew she wanted to cry and she wanted to do it so badly, but as the daughter of Draco Malfoy and Harry Potter, she was a stubborn one. So she smiled her way through the small talk her parents made and occasionally even faking a chuckle.

They had to leave, the surgery was only half an hour away but they had to make sure she was in good condition and the anesthesia actually worked. They were using a muggle method to remove the tumor but also magic to prevent internal bleeding and keeping her body safe.
And so the nurse told them they could wait in the waiting room but due to the surgery being 13 hours long, it might be uncomfortable so with a heavy heart, tear filled eyes and a raw throat they apparated to their home.