6 | help

- Evanesco -

used to vanish things

"THE F*CK DID YOU SAY?"

"A cleansing... what is a clean-sing," she enunciated every syllable as if he was a child. His fingers itched feverishly against his pants.

He could not hear her own voice over the throbbing in his skull. His lips sputtered against his teeth.

Was he speaking or drowning? The line between noise and darkness quivered in the moment.

The pit in his stomach grew. She couldn't have heard... it was impossible- Hands flayed his hair, and he leaned against the door frame.

She couldn't have heard- his Father always cast a silencing spell... for his mother.

"No... I don't know what you are talking about," he spat.

Her fingernails traced along the floor. Dim light webbed across grooves she had scraped through grime. She innocently scratched a circle then her eyes drifted up and met him.
Her brazen stare flicked across his face in a pleased manner.
Pleased. She thrived off his discomfort. Was it that apparent?

The occlumacy walls he had put up crumbled like damp paper in the rain. Every wash of the water over his mind bathed paperous fibers into a languid mush.

"I heard... you. Screaming. Upstairs."
Her smile slunk off her face as one finger pointed toward the ceiling. "It was..." she swallowed the end of the sentence. "Loud."

Deafening.
Screeching.
Like the night she was brought in- and he heard all of her weakness in one octave.

Her lips continued moving, and Malfoy tried to listen. He was floating away on a boat, the water pouring into his ears and eyes. They drenched his lungs with ebony cords. The ocean was rich with shameful cacophony. It pounded- once- twice.

Was she still speaking, or had his world turned silent?

His body remained uncompliant against his needs. Why was he standing still-

She blinked. Her words mashed through water, dust, cords, parchment...

Andthnntheee

whyyddntyouu

fghttbackk?

He clung onto her vocal cords, hoisting himself back to reality. The clinging darkness faded from the corners of his mind, and her words sliced through his bondages.

"The dust was raining down on me... he was..." Her eyebrows curled and she looked across his face in disdain. "He was hitting you-"

Cold drips dribbled onto his legs- blood from somewhere on him.

"Don't." He snarled. "Don't you dare... ever... You know nothing. You misheard."

She stopped carving lines and met his eyes again. His shadow bled over her fiery completion into an amorphous shape.

"You're a bad liar, Malfoy."

As if she could tell him he was a bad liar-
she was as readable as a novel.

She did not notice him drifting mentally... battling the urge to convulse on the floor and remove the itch in his brain. Instead he shook his hands behind his back.

"You wouldn't know." His throat was dry even with the moist air. The rancid air scuffed the basin of his cords and strewn them with dry dust. His voice found itself from the phlegm in his throat.