We all watched him as he began to sing the Plants versus Zombies theme song, “There’s a zombie on your lawn…”

“Sabihin na nating may point si Spencer. If the fifth of July is really the end game, it only means that this place is the most dangerous hideout of all?” Cara said. She’s right. Most of the bozos are in the underground Alpheus City as well as that once they reach the ground on top of us, they can immediately destroy it and kill us.

I roamed my sight around and noticed a different set of people consulting to Tito Cris and Tita Mathilde, “Come to think of it… Bakit kasama natin ang ibang apostles?”

“They helping Tito Cris and the others to study the capsule inside their body… And they are brought here by the man you saved,” Parker stated.

“The man I saved?”

“The first tester of the antidote,” Tyler answered. It was the guy who mumbled Alex’s name when he was unconscious, “By the way, his name is Samson.”

“Thanks to him. Half of the apostles are now on our side, but—”

“But they are the subjects and not a single guard.” I interrupted. I think I have an idea now who Samson is. I clasped my hands and brooded at them, “Let’s split. Kailangan natin ng bagong lugar kung saan pwede nating patayin ang mga bozos na hindi tayo mauubos at isa pa kulang pa tayo sa tao kung magaganap na nga ang final wave. We need people how to fight.”

“What’s your cheerleader’s brain came up with, fake mommy?” Spencer asked, making me roll my eyes at him.

“Sasamahan nina Tyler at Cara si Parker para i-check ang buong bahay kung saan nanatili sina Principal Del Valle. Samantalang kami ni Spencer—”

Cara snickered, “Ah, no…”

“You’re the most unlikely duo. Alam niyo ba ‘yon? Baka wala pang final wave e, patay na tayo,” Tyler uttered.

Spencer and I exchanged glances and nervously laughed, “I mean, what could possibly go wrong with us being a partner?” I asked.

“Parehas kayong isip-bata, parehas tanga, parehas naalog ang utak— Itutuloy ko pa ba?” Parehas namin sinamaan ng tingin ang kadadating lamang na si Alex kasama sina Peter at Kelly. Hindi ko talaga alam kung bakit naging kapatid ko ‘to e, “Amira just partner with Parker—”

“Sawang-sawa na ako sa mukha na’n. Para namang wala kayong tiwala sa amin ni Spencer e. Marunong naman kaming mag-seryoso—”

“Hindi ka sure.” Pagsingit ni Peter.

“Magseseryoso kami ni Fake Mommy. Promise,” nakangiting sambit ni Spencer.

“Bakit hindi ko talaga magawang magtiwala?” Bulong pa ni Cara sa gilid ko.

Nakangiwi ko silang tiningnan at nang susuko na dapat ako’y bigla na lamang umimik si Kelly, “Let them be. Sunduin niyo na lang silang dalawa kung duda talaga kayo kapag natapos na kayo sa gagawin niyo.”

“Yes!”

Spencer and I were holding a hand to hand while traveling by foot, under the shades of the roof to hide ourselves from the guards. On the other hand, Parker and others went to the house together with Alex, Peter, and Kelly, which suddenly presented because they have nothing to do.

“So… Fake mommy, are you really jealous of Sierra?” Spencer asked, making me glared at him.

“No, and please, shut up.”

“You shouldn’t worry, you know. Hindi naman mahilig sa cheerleader si fake daddy.” I heaved a sigh and brooded at him. Maybe I’m really wrong on picking him as my partner though Cara will obviously ask the same question as him, “Which reminds me! You’re also a cheerleader!”

“Yeah, yeah. Now, shut up.”

“Edi parehas pala kayong nganga ni Ate Sierra.” Mahina siyang tumawa dahilan upang tumigil kami sa paglalakad. Medyo nakakaasar ang mukha niya, susuntukin ko na ‘to e. “Ouch, pain, pighati, lumbay, hinagpis, kirot—”

“Spencer Del Valle!”

“Ahehe. Sorry po…”

Pinandilatan ko siya ng mga mata hanggang sa makarating kami sa guard house ni Manong Samuel. Agad naman kaming namataan nito at nakangising lumabas sa guard house.

“Amira Paige Fernandez…” Nakangiting sambit nito. Napangiwi na lamang kami bigla nang mapansin namin na napalilibutan na pala kami ng mga armadong guwardya.

Dahan-dahan siyang naglakad patungo sa aming puwesto saka niya binato sa aking direksyon ang flash drive na ginamit ko sa kanyang computer.

“You’re quite brave… and strong enough to escape death in Alpheus City.”

“Well… I’m the daughter of your so-called God. So, maybe he let me rose after three days.” I smirked.

Samuel amusedly looked at me when he halted in front of me. He slowly pulled a gun out of his pocket and pointed it to my forehead.

“Bibigyan kita ng sampung milyon, layuan mo lang ang anak ko— este ang nanay ko— fake nanay ko pala! Do you mind if I repeat my line? It is quite messy e.” I face palmed as I glared at Spencer, who just shrugged at me. Saglit siyang tumingin kay Manong Samuel saka ito tumikhim, “Bibigyan kita ng sampung milyon, layuan mo lang ang fake nanay ko.”

“Spencer…” I warned.

“Ay, sorry po.”

I heaved a sigh and looked at Samuel, “Do you know a man named Samson?” I asked.

His eyes suddenly softened as his lips slowly trembled while looking at me, “What do you want?”

“He’s with us.”

“Do you think you can lie to me? He’s already infected—”

“And one, two, three—” How I wish that I could punch this kid. Spencer suddenly began to dance, swaying, swirling his body like a pole dancer, and flirtatiously looking at Samuel, “Love me like you, lo-lo-love me like you do…”

“Tangina talaga…”

After a moment of embarrassment, he suddenly made a crown pose, which made me grimace.

“Surprise!” Spencer shouted as he pulled confetti out of his pocket, along with the sudden appearance of Samson. Tangina, ni hindi ko alam ‘tong kalokohan niyang ‘to.

“Samuel.”

“Samson.”

The two of them are identical twins, which I failed to oversee, especially when Samson was still a bozo. His face was slowly healing, and his facial features are still in the process of recovering.

“Join us. It’s time to stop patronizing August. We must put an end to the apocalypse.” Samuel’s eyes softened as he watched his twin. He slowly put his gun and glance towards me.

“If you really wanted my help, then grant one of my wishes,” Samuel said. I curiously looked at him as his eyes languidly brooded at me, “Amira Paige Fernandez…”

“I want you to trigger the capsule and let it explode to the Apostles’ bodies.”

#