Chapter 28 - "Guess I'm Meeting Both of my Boyfriends' Parents Today."

Start from the beginning

"Guess I'm meeting both of my boyfriends' parents today." Race mutters, his face heating up slightly as he fiddles with the cuffs of his shirt sleeves.

Albert walks up to him, gently pulling his arms away from his shirt sleeves. "Don't worry, Racer." He whispers, pressing a soft kiss to his forehead. "From what I've heard, Spot's mom is like Hannah and Medda."

Race takes a deep breath, nodding.

Spot opens the door to his house, stepping is die slowly. "Mom?" He calls quietly. "Are you home?" He asks.

A woman walks into the room, looking a lot like Spot.

She held a mug of something in her hands as she smiles warmly at Spot. "I have the day off, honey." She tells Spot.

Spot smiles, giving her a hug.

Race and Albert share looks.

Spot's mother places her mug on the table beside her, hugging Spot close.

They stay like that for a few minutes, before they both pull away.

Spot's mother turns to face Race and Albert. "Good afternoon, boys." She smiles warmly. "I've seen you around before," she points to Albert. "But I'm afraid I don't know either of you that well."

"Mi chiamo Antonio Higgins." Race introduces himself.

His eyes wide. "I switched!" He exclaims, throwing his hands over his mouth, his face burning in embarrassment.

The other three people in the room chuckle.

Albert pulls Race's back against the front of him, his arms wrapped around him. "Since Race gets nervous and accidentally switches to Italian sometimes, I'll speak for him." He states.

Spot's mother chuckles, nodding as she sips her drink slowly.

"My name is Albert, and as you may know, I've been dating your boyfriend for some time now." The redheaded boy introduces himself. "This is Antonio, though we call him Race." He informs her.

Race waves weakly, his face still bright red in embarrassment.

Spot's mom nods.

"He's our youngest boyfriend." Spot informs him mother, his tone slightly hesitant.

"Oh, well, it's nice to meet you, Antonio." Spot's mother shakes his hand. "And nice to meet you formally, Albert." She smiles at him.

Albert smiles.

Race stares at Albert's hands. Wow...

That actually went well!

He grins to himself.

Spot chuckles softly, staring at his youngest boyfriend.

"Miss-" Albert starts slowly.

"Please, call me Cara." Spot's mother- Cara- tells him.

Race giggles to himself.

Spot pokes him, smiling playfully. "Why are you giggling, huh?" He asks jokingly.

"Cara means 'Dear' in Italian." Race responds, giggling more to himself.

The others in the room chuckle, including Cara.

"Are you drinking tea, Cara?" Albert asks, the fact that he felt weird calling Spot's mom by her first name obvious in his voice.

Cara chuckles, pulling the mug away from her mouth. "Definitely not, dear." She responds. "I only drink coffee to keep me going."

Race starts giggling more.

Spot chuckles at him.

"I see where Spot got it from." Albert jokes, ruffling his oldest boyfriend's hair.

Spot rolls his eyes.

Cara chuckles again. "I'm going to make dinner," she informs them. "I'm sure you know where the kitchen is, but if not, I'll be in there," she points to the kitchen behind her. "If you need me."

The three boys nod in unison, Race's nod being more of a shake because he was still giggling.

"Thanks, ma." Spot smiles at her.

Cara smiles, leaving the room.

"I love- her." Race breathes out, before he starts giggling harder.

Spot chuckles, looking down at him. "I mean, so do I, because she's my mother." He responds.

Albert chuckles.

Race didn't respond, he just kept giggling.

1028 Words
The mood board above was made by the lovely Addie_your_Queen so yep. Hope you enjoyed lol