Chapter 18 - Picking Pickles

- Chapter 18 - Color Coded Fruit Picking -
Warnings: Fluff, with a slight bit of mentions of bullying and what happened the last two chapters
Third Person POV

Race gets up, tying his flannel around his waist.

He was getting ready to go over to Spot's after Albert sent him 'distress' texts, because Spot wasn't paying attention to him.

Race stops in front of his mirror.

After fixing his hair so it looked at least a little presentable, he noticed the bruises on his neck.

He saw them everyday.

It had been three days since the incident with Nick.

Nick got suspended, as he deserved, but only for two weeks, then he'd be back at school.

Not really severe punishment for almost killing Race, but you know. The education system is messed up.

The boys barely ever left Race alone in school, and he had barely been feeling like himself since.

He hated the bruises on his neck, but he couldn't do anything about them.

They were just- there... like the scars on him from his father.

Race shakes himself out of his thoughts, grabbing his phone and securing the flannel around his waist.

He walks downstairs, greeted by Hannah in the kitchen.

Hannah smiles. "Good afternoon, Antonio." She greets.

Race offers her a weak smile. "Albert sent me 'distress'," he uses air quotes. "texts since Spot wasn't paying attention to him." He informs her.

Hannah chuckles. "You can go over." She tells him, already knowing what he was going to ask. "Just text me every other hour."

Race nods.

He leaves the house after a few more minutes of talking with Hannah.

Before Race could even knock on the door of Spot's house, it was flung open and he was pulled into the house.

"Race!" Albert exclaims, closing the door.

Race looks at him, his eyes a bit wide. "Hi?" He whispers.

"Spot's out back." Albert informs Race, sipping his coffee. "He's tending to his plants."

Race nods, placing his phone on the couch. "Let's go pay him a visit, eh?" He suggests.

Albert nods, leading Race to the back door.

The open the door to find Spot picking strawberries.

"Al-" Spot starts, looking up at them.

Race waves.

Spot stares at them. "Afternoon, Racer?" He sounded confused.

"Your boyfriend was complaining that you were neglecting him." Race informs him, walking towards him. "And now I'm here." He gestures to himself standing on the back steps.