Chapter 12 - Brookies and Former Brookies and Spot's Apparently a King

- Chapter 12 - "I Forgot How to Play and Have Been Trying to Figure it out for Five Minutes." -
Warnings: Brookies? Couples? Forgetfulness? Food? Not much lol
Third Person POV

Race was sat in the grass, playing a card game.

It was him, Les, Lucky, Sniper, and Smalls.

He heard the gate open and greetings, but was too focused on the card game to care.

"Race," he heard Smalls start, sounding concerned. "You are almost as focused on this game as you are on Poker." She comments.

"I forgot how to play and have been trying to figure it out for five minutes." Race mutters, his eyebrows furrowing.

The others in his group laugh.

"Literally," Sniper starts. "Just flip a card." She helps him flip one.

"See," Smalls starts. "You won that one."

"Oooh." Race nods, collecting the cards. "I forgot we were playing War."

The two girls laugh again.

"Albert, Spot," the boy heard Jack start. "This is Sniper and her girlfriend, Smalls." He introduces.

"Actually," the two girls start in unison. "It's the other way around." They inform him.

Jack nods. "This is Smalls and her girlfriend, Sniper." He retries.

The two girls nod, satisfied, before waving at Albert and Spot.

"Okay," Davey starts, standing on his patio. "Who hasn't eaten today?!" He shouts.

Multiple boys in the group raise their hands.

"Race," Specs starts, his arms crossed. "Shouldn't you be raising your hand?" He asks.

Race rolls his eyes. "I'm not that horrible at taking care of myself." He mutters, still looking at his cards. "It's 3pm and I've eaten an apple and an orange."

Specs rolls his eyes, looking up at Davey and nodding.

Davey nods, walking back inside his house.

Race rolls his eyes.

"Wanna hear a joke?" Jack asks.

"Nope." Multiple boys answer.

Jack rolls his eyes.

"I'll hear your joke, Jacky." Crutchie tells him, smiling up at him.

Jack chuckles.

"Me too!" Elmer exclaims, raising his hand.

Race looks up at Smalls. "It's going to be an apple-orange joke, isn't it?" He asks.

Smalls nods. "Yup." She answers. "And they'll tell him it's good even though it's not, because they don't want to hurt his feelings." She predicts.

Race nods.

They were right.

And then Jack went inside to help Davey and or to bother him for hugs and kisses.