x. Rediscovering & Creating A New Element

Start from the beginning

Tony spends the next hour hammering a hole in the wall of the workshop. He then goes to a room up stairs and uses a jackhammer to create a hole in the floor, revealing a metal electrical box just underneath. He brushes away debris from the box before he lifts the lid off of it as Dum-E holds blueprints for the house. Tony throws the cover to the side before he attaches thick black cords to the electrical wires within the metal box. He uses the jackhammer once more to drill a hole in the ceiling of the workshop and once that is done, he throws the attached cords down into the workshop as Dum-E watches him. He brings large crates into the workshop before opening them to reveal large metal coils. He sets the large coils up in the hole in the wall before they extend out into the workshop where the cords are.

Coulson walks down the stairs and enters the code for the workshop as Tony continues setting up. When the agent walks into the room, he addresses the billionaire, "I heard you broke the perimeter."

Dum-E looks over at Agent Coulson as Tony responds, "Uh, yeah. That was, like, three years ago. Where you been?"

Coulson walks further into the room as he says, "I was doing some stuff."

The billionaire speaks as the agent walks over to a large crate, "Yeah, well, me too, and it worked. Hey, I'm playing for the home team, Coulson," he puts a level against the coil, checking to make sure it is straight, "You and all your Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers. Now, are you gonna let me work or break my balls?"

Coulson picks something up out of the crate before he turns around and asks Tony, who pulls a metal circular object out of a blue plastic bag, "What's this doing here?"

Tony turns around to see Coulson holding an abstract version of Captain America's shield. The billionaire sets the circular metal object down before he states, "That's it." Agent Coulson furrows his brows and stares at Tony, awaiting an answer. The billionaire takes a step forward and holds out his hand, gesturing for the agent to come closer as he says, "Bring that to me."

Coulson walks over to Tony with the shield and asks, "You know what this is?"

Tony holds out his hands and takes the shield from Coulson as he replies, "It is exactly what I need to make this work." The billionaire stares at the shield before he looks down to the coil and instructs the agent, "Lift the coil." Coulson bends down and puts his hands underneath the coil before lifting it up as Tony says, "Go, go. Put your knees into it. There you go. And..." The billionaire trails off as he slides the shield underneath the lifted coil. "Drop it. Drop it." Coulson slowly releases the coil as Tony turns to get the level. The billionaire places the tool on top of the coil before he states, "Perfectly level." He sniffs before he removes the level and looks up at Coulson before speaking to him, "I'm busy. What do you want?"

Coulson shakes his head as he answers the older Stark, "Nothing. Goodbye. I've been reassigned."

Tony nods his head as he lets out, "Huh."

The agent continues to inform the billionaire, "Director Fury wants me in New Mexico."

Tony looks down at the level as he says, "Fantastic. Land of Enchantment."

The older Stark looks up at the agent, who replies, "So I'm told."

The two stare at each other as Tony asks, "Secret stuff?"

"Something like that," Agent Coulson responds to the billionaire in front of him. Tony lets out a laugh before he looks down at the level in his hands. He sniffs before he looks up when Coulson wishes, "Good luck."

The billionaire slightly smiles as he says before the two shake hands, "Bye. Thanks."

They continue to shake hands as the agent tells Tony, "We need you."