Wedding Day

Spencer and I had been engaged for mere months. This wedding wasn't even supposed to be happening yet, but somehow Rossi had gotten an old friend to loan us the use of their summer mansion, and suddenly we had a wedding to prepare for. My maid of honor, Penelope was going crazy with all of the things she had to check on, and I found myself in the very funny position of having to calm her down on my own wedding day.

"Garcia, it's going to be fine. The flowers look great, the caterer is here, the guests are starting to arrive, everything is exactly right." I consoled, rubbing her back gently. She took a deep breath and nodded.

"Right. It's going to be okay." She turned to look at me and when she met my eyes she started to tear up. "You're getting married!"

"Yes I am!" I replied, taking her hand and gently squeezing it. "Now go and meet up with the bridesmaids, I think we're about ready to start marching down that aisle!"

She squeezed in excitement and left me to myself in my room. To my relief, I had my first moment of quiet all day. I went over to the balcony doors and flung them open, letting he soft summer breeze blow my hair behind my shoulders. My wedding dress flowed with me as I stepped, the silk lining soft against my legs. I looked outside at the tables set up with food for the guests after the ceremony and the heaps of flowers that were placed strategically around the grounds.

As I scanned the green grass, I glimpsed a lovingly familiar face just below. My soon-to-be husband Spencer Reid was outside just past my balcony, with Derek Morgan standing next to him.

"Man, you can do this. I've never know you to run away from something when you're scared." Morgan said to him. This, as it would to any bride, set me on alert. What was going on?

"I'm not running away. I just need to know that I'm doing the right thing." He said. Okay, so he's not running, but what does he mean? Derek nodded.

"That isn't something I can answer for you. I'll give you a minute, then I'm comin back out to get you." The best man said, walking back into the building. Spencer sighed and leaned against a tall ivy-covered marble column that connected to my balcony. I went inside, pulled a flower out of my bouquet, and promptly went back to the balcony and tossed it down. It landed perfectly in front of Spencer, who picked it up before turning to look at where it came from.

I met his eyes and I melted with love. He automatically broke into a smile at the sight of me.

"Isn't it bad luck to see the bride before the wedding?" He asked, twirling the flower between his thumb and pointer finger.

"We hunt murderers for a living, that's bad enough." I joked. "So. Having any second thought?"

"And thirds and forths." He responded. He looked down across the grounds. The sun was dipping lower in the sky. By Garcia's calculations, it was going to set right as Reid and I kissed at the altar. "Do you want to marry me?"

"Are you proposing again?" I asked, leaning on the railing. He chuckled.

"I'm worried that you'll get sick of me eventually. I don't think I could take it if we got married and it drove us apart."

"Spencer, can I tell you a secret?" I offered. He looked up at me and nodded. "I've been waiting to marry you since the day we met."

"Really?"

"Really. So no, I'm not going to get sick of you. We are going to live an amazing and beautiful life together, and we are going to be so ridiculously in love that it makes everyone around us want to puke."

"That sounds amazing."

"It's going to be, but only if you get in there and put a ring on my finger." He smiled at me, then placed his hands on the column. He gripped the ivy tightly and pulled himself up step by step until he had climbed next to my balcony. He held on for dear life and looked over at me as I laughed at him.

"Are you going to come over and kiss me or did I just climb this ivy for nothing?" He asked with a laugh. I did as he told and ran over, pulling his face towards mine with both hands and kissing him tenderly. He smiled into the kiss and as we pulled away, he kept that same smile. "I'll see you soon!" He called as he started climbing down. I went back into my room, grinning, and picked up my bouquet. I went downstairs and joined my bridesmaids. JJ and Emily cooed over me while Penelope made final adjustments to my hair.

Rossi joined the group as we heard music begin to play from inside the other room. He offered me his arm and I took it to allow him to lead me down the aisle.

"You ready?" He asked me. I nodded and he took my hand and squeezed it. "I can tell. I've seen my fair share of marriages, and yours is nothing like mine were. You two were always meant to be together."

I smiled at the man and as I did, the doors opened. Rossi led me naturally down the petal-strewn aisle. I watched little Henry give Spencer a fist bump at the front of the room and I smiled. Spencer looked at me and I could tell he was holding back tears. Rossi let me go at the end of the aisle and as he went to sit down, I left to stand by Spencer.

As our justice of the peace began to speak, Penelope leaned over my shoulder.

"Where did the purple carnation in your bouquet go? It's supposed to represent spontaneity, what if your marriage is cursed to be boring and dull now?" She whispered nervously. I smiled at Spencer and glanced at a tiny ivy lead caught in his curly hair.

"I don't think it's going to be a problem." I answered honestly.

"Do you take this woman to be your lawfully wedded wife?" The justice asked. Spencer stepped forward and placed a ring on my finger.

"I do."

"And do you take this man to be your lawfully wedded husband?" The justice asked, turning to me. I grinned at Spencer as I placed the ring on his finger.

"I do."

"You may now kiss the bride." The justice said, stepped away. Spencer couldn't help himself and he wrapped his arms around me, dipping me towards the ground as we kissed. The crowd of our family and friends stood and cheers as we returned upright. I pulled the leaf out of Spencer's hair and showed him. He laughed and took my hand, leading me down the aisle and out of the doors so we could have a moment alone together before the reception began.

"How does Mrs.Reid sound to you?" I asked, squeezing his hand and pulling him into an empty room.

"Music to my ears." He replied, shutting the door behind us and pulling me into our third kiss of the day.