Chapter 1

01

Ten years ago....

"Chukahae!!!!"

All the cast were happy. This call for a celebration. Now it's time to pop open the champagne. A toast for a successful drama and highest rating.

Their happy faces. The echo of laughter. The act of popping open the bottles of champagne feels festive. Finally we are done. My first adult television drama was a big success.

All the people came to me and extend their greetings.
" Congratulation Aaliyah! We predicted that this going to be huge success! We are so proud of you." that was the director of my newly ended drama.

"Thank you Sajangnim!" I smiled at him and bow my head.

The celebratory party has ended and my team was exhausted. My phone beeps, someone send me a message.

GD:
Congratulation Princess! I miss you.

Me:
Thank you. I miss you too.

GD:
I'll visit you soon okay? We are on tour.

Me:
Arasseo, extend my regards to other boys. Take care.

That was my best friend GD. She was my friend since I was eight years old. We met on the street. When I wanted to eat ice cream but our driver didn't allow me. He saw me and bought me ice cream. He love music since he was a kid. He loves to rap and create songs. We both love music and composing a songs is one of our hobby.

Mommy Aeyoung sat beside me and hugged me tight. "I'm so proud of you princess. You can rest now."

"Can take a vacation? I want to visit my grandma. Can I?" I said and looked at her with pleading eyes. She let out a heavy breathe and nodded.

" Arasseo, two weeks only. " I hugged her tight and kissed her cheeks! She giggled and we both laugh.

I went to my room and I packed my things. I called mom and dad to inform them that I will visit grandma. They insisted to send bodyguards and a driver to accompany me but I refused. I want to go there alone. I didn't tell them that I'm planning to explore Busan alone. If they will know it will be a big disaster.

Settling in bed. With so many things in my head. A smile plastered in my face when I think of an idea, I send a message to Ara and Sora. They are my girl best friend.

Me:
eodiya?

Mmmmh. I was tapping my finger on top of my bedside table waiting for their reply. But no reply from them. Maybe they are busy or having a taping. I felt sad.

Maybe that's it for now and I need to sleep. I'll wake up early for my sweet escape tomorrow. Thinking about it made me feel so excited. I sleep that night with a smile plastered in my face.

Morning came and I am going to eat my breakfast. Nay Linda, my nanny was busy preparing my breakfast. She's a Filipino, she's been with me since I was born. She's like a second mom to me, 27 years of being with me. She's getting old and she has no family anymore. I love her.

I hugged her from the back when I went to the Kitchen. " Ikaw na bata ka! You will go there all alone again. I'm worried Aera. Please be careful okay?" she turned to face me and touched my face with both of her hands.

"Aaaah She's talking to me sometimes in Tagalog, some of it I knew already. But most of her words were alien to me. "I will Nay, promise." I giggled. She knows that I'm happy with this trip. An escape from my world. This is the real me. A kid at heart. Whenever my parents allow me to travel alone I felt like a prisoner who was freed from captivity, but this time it's different. This is more on an exploration.