Getting Her Grimoire

(^art by SE-NE^)

Aiko POV
It's finally the day! The day I'll get my grimoire! I'm so excited I can barely contain it! "Hey Yuno! What kind of grimoire do you think I'll get?" I ask Yuno, with a big smile on my face. "You'll be lucky to even receive one, don't get ahead of yourself." He replied coldly, but looking away at the same time. "Aw, why have you got to be so rude?" I pout and walk back outside of the church.

I see Sister Lily doing the laundry. "Ooh! Want some help?" I ask and walk over to her. "Thank you Aiko, I appreciate it." She smiled warmly at me, so I started to help dry off the wet clothes.
~time skip~
Aiko POV
Yuno and I walked into a giant room with shelves towering over, filled with books. I looked around in astonishment, though Yuno wasn't that impressed. The man who seemed to run the tower had finished making his speech, and soon, grimoires were flying into the hands of everyone around us.

A grimoire fell into my hands, a little less graceful than the others, and it seemed to come from a way higher shelf. It was white and had what seemed like half transparent splotches of black on it. I could faintly see a five leaf clover on it.

   Then, I saw a bright light in my peripheral vision and I looked over at Yuno and saw the source of the light. His grimoire. I didn't see why his glowed until people were gasping and muttering that he had 'The Legendary Four Leaf Clover' or something. But I did see a four leaf clover on his grimoire. So, I guess he was chosen by good luck or something.

Everyone started leaving and Yuno and I started to leave too. But I really was curious about that man I saw in my hindsight earlier, just lurking. Perhaps he was just here to see someone get their grimoire, no need to worry.
~time skip~
Aiko POV
I had heard a shriek from the distance and was worried about it. Was someone in trouble? What happened? Is it my business? Should I interfere? I'll just go check it out to see what's going on. I jog for a couple minutes and find the man I had saw earlier, Yuno, restrained by chains, and two other boys, restrained by chains as well.  (Kurapika you there?)

I jumped down into action and noticed Yuno's grimoire in the mysterious man's hand. "Um, help? Thief?" I said as a joke to get the man's attention. "Now who is this brat?" He said, smiling. "Brat? You don't even know me! How can you make that assumption?" I said offended.

He didn't waste any time to make some chains and throw them at me as well. "Oh wow! A magicless brat! So rare!" He chuckled. I looked up but before I said anything, Yuno shouted to me, "Stop angering Revchi, you're gonna hurt yourself!". How sweet... But I'm saying something.

"Oh wow! An ugly creep! So common!" I said sarcastically. "Why you little.." He said angrily and tightened the chains around me. "Ouch, can't take a joke huh?" I said and giggled. "Aiko!" Yuno shouted, irritated that I didn't listen to him. At this point, I was kind tired of this Bokchi guy or whatever his name was.

   "Anyways Bokchi, it's been fun." I say, the moment before I break the chains around me, using my bare strength. "How's that.. possible?!" Bokchi gasped. "Honestly, I don't know. Maybe it's the pop-potatoes I've been eating recently." I said and kicked Bokchi in the head, knocking him unconscious, and thus freeing the boys restrained by the chains he had created.

   "And Aiko for the win!" I cheered as Yuno ran to me with an angry face. "Why do you always have to be so reckless!" He said as he flicked my head. "But I'm okay right?" I told him, inches away from his face. "Right." Yuno sighed.
Yuno POV
Why is she so close? I think, trying to keep my composure as heat rises to my face. I quickly backed up and turned away, grabbing my grimoire. "Thank you." I muttered before walking off.
Aiko POV
Aw, he tried to hide it but I heard that 'Thank You' hehe. Oh wait. I wanted to use my grimoire to fight him! Dang it! I don't even know how my grimoire works! I walk back to the church and head to bed. Or, that's what everyone else thinks.

I secretly sneak out to the forest where I always train and pull out my grimoire. Hehe, now what? Um.. "Boom, fire? Uh, earth rock go? Water bending?" How does one use a grimoire? I flip through the pages and see that all of the pages are blank, except the first one.

I just see a drawing of a sword. "Sword attack?" I touch the page and surprisingly my hand went through. And I felt something. Like a handle. I pulled it out and a big sword was revealed. It was black and was relatively blank, and, I dropped it on the ground, blade first, and it went straight through. Like it weighed 100 pounds.

Ahh, I've got sword magic, heh. I'll just become a remarkable swordsman and then I can join the magic knights! I've got a plan! All night, I trained with my sword, and in the morning, it was relatively easy to swing it around. As I head out of the forest, I see Yuno at the exit, obviously irritated.

"Where were you all night?" "Why do you care? And isn't it obvious I was in the forest?" "Don't play it off, what were you doing in the forest?" "Training." "With what?" "Mah sword." "You have a sword?" "Stop asking so many questions!" "What sword? Show me!" "Why are you so concerned about my sword?" "Just show me the sword!" "Okay fine!" I pull out my grimoire and take out the sword. "You happy?" Yuno didn't respond. "Here wanna hold it?" I say extending my hand with the sword.

   He extended his hand as well and as soon as I let go of the sword, he fell to the ground. "How do you hold this thing?" He asked, getting up. "It's cool right?" I asked. "I guess, but come on it's time for breakfast." "Yessir."