chapter thirty-five.

Magsimula sa umpisa

Her scrapbook, family and older brother are the only thing she has that could keep her company and make her happy.

Pulling her comforter over her, Himiko places both of her chest on her stomach, her feet close together as her head looks straight up at the ceiling with her hair neatly done. This was a position she'd go for every night looking neat and clean as she prepares herself for a deep slumber.

To be honest, going to sleep is what she fears the most.

Himiko's scared that once she finally closes her eyes, it's done. She won't be waking up the next morning.

"Thank you for everything. Mom, Dad, I love you. Onii-san, I love you. Goodnight...."

"What do you mean you won't be joining us at the bus? Girl, we're going to the same venue!" questioned Nina who over the phone with Saeyoung while she packs up her needed materials for today's event.

"I know but actually. . . . I'm already there."

"You're what? How come you already know where to go? Miss Yoo just blurted out the location a few seconds ago — hold this."  Nina handed her bag and book to Ze Yu.

On the other line of the call, Saeyoung was already getting dolled up by the make up artist while at the same time, running out of excuses to use for Nina and her questions. She was feeling nervous by the second.  "I-I have my ways alright? Let's just see each other here at Shin & Kyo's Performance Stadium."

"Do whatever you want. Bye!"  call ended.

After finishing her makeup, Saeyoung rushed to the dressing room with Jieun. With Jieun who's already styled and ready to go, decided to help her friend. Zipping up her zipper, she dusted the end of her dressed and smiled on how it fitted Saeyoung well.

"Alright miss beautiful, let's show em' what we're made of!" linking they're arms together, the two girls strut out of the scene.

Cleaning her camera's lenses, Nina glanced at Adroit's female dancers cringing on how they look with all the makeup and glitter. Especially the theme and decorations that hung up around the room.

"What's with the look?"

"Nothing but disgust. Everything looks so... princessy ew."  the japanese female commented making Songyee laugh.

Songyee pats her friends back occupying the seat beside her.  "Oh calm down Nina, this will all be over soon."

"Hopefully. I just can't walk through a hallway full of sparkles and little pink designs with the security guards dressed as knights in shining armour. That's just terrifying."

"Let's stop from the drama and go out yeah? The competition will start in a few minutes and we need to find areas with nice angles to take pictures of our dancers — and... find Saeyoung." Songyee pulled Nina up to her feet and proceeded outside the room.

Wandering around the hallways, the two girls caught sight of a girl wearing a blue dress and a mask. With her eyes meeting theirs, she immediately went the other direction and avoided they're sight.

Looking closely, Nina could tell that the girl seems so familiar to her, she just couldn't tell who. She wanted to go right after her but Songyee snapped her back from reality and dragged her to the main hall. It was packed. There stood dancers from different schools, looking all neat and fancy.

"Another round of applause for Adroit Maneuverz!"

At the sidelines Saeyoung bit her lip, trying to hide the feeling of nervousness. Ni-ki's team just finished their number and they were already up next. While watching the performance, the girl couldn't help but see Takara and Ni-ki's chemistry, especially when they're solo part came up, it was just wow. Don't forget the ending pose, they're faces was soo close to each other they looked like they were going to kiss.