Xianshe I - The Present (2)

Start from the beginning

"Could this be the work of Wei Wuxian ?"

"How would Wei Wuxian do this? "

"What I'm more interested to know is what's happening right now... Is no one even questioning why we're here in the first place?"

"There's no point! We already know whose fault it is, after all!"

"Right, right!" Another agreed. "Who else but Wei Wuxian would do this? He says he didn't, but I don't see anyone else in this room doing such a thing. Not even Wen Ruohan! Look, he just looks like an old drunkard! What evil Sect Leader? I think everyone exaggerated the war!"

"Did you just hear that, Qing-er, A-Ning?" Wen Ruohan raised an eyebrow. "They say I look like an old drunkard. Really, I tried my best to get rid of the belly, but it just won't go away..."

"There's also the Ghost General over there!" A third party added. "What ferocious corpse? He looks more like a kicked puppy..."

"It's a ruse!" Old Liu exclaimed. "I bet you three silver taels that this is just him trying to fool us!"

Lan Sizhui, who had never even taken an interest in betting, could wager 300 silver taels that they were about to be proven very wrong.

At the same time; as everything else was happening, Jiang Yanli stifled a gasp. Not only had she failed to protect her sweet A-Xian, but he had died too! Was everything he– everything they went through for naught? Was all of that fighting for nothing?

Did A-Xian die... Just as she did, with an entire catalogue of regrets he had yet to fulfil?

Now, Jin Zixuan wasn't the type to get all sentimental, you see? So no, he wasn't angry in the slightest, nor sad , nor whatever feelings humans feel–for Wei Wuxian.

Well, actually, that's what he would usually say in his internal monologue, but now, after seeing his son for the first time in years, Jin Zixuan was in a good mood for once. So he's going to defend his brother from those silly old men and give them a run for their money. (And yes, he has lots of it.)

"Who killed him?" He repeated what the unknown voice had said on the screen. His blood was boiling with rage, and oh, if bloodlust was a spark, he was about to burn down an entire mother-f'cking city. "Who killed him?! What bastard of humankind would even dare to lay a hand on A-Xian? Hm ? Spit it out, you old fools. I'll grab this murdering bastard by the collar, and–"

"A-Xuan!" Jiang Yanli exclaimed, sending an apologetic look to the horrified group of men. "A-Xuan, it's... It's fine, we... it's not our knowledge to know without A-Xian's consent. Please calm down."

Nobody had the courage to move. 'Jin Zixuan can be terrifying when he wants to be', they all thought.

Wen Ruohan smirked in interest, "Wei Wuxian indirectly killed me. And to think there was someone alive who was able to kill that monster .." He glanced towards the trembling form of the Yiling Patriarch. "Is rather interesting."

A girl muttered from within the crowd, "Oh please no , not the ' interesting'..!!"

"Who else? His shidi Jiang Cheng, leader of the Jiang Clan. The Jiang Clan of Yunmeng, Jin clan of Lanling, Lan clan of Gusu, and Nie clan of Qinghe all took the lead and burned the burial mounds to the ground."

"A-Cheng, you didn't!" Throughout the deafening silence of the crowd, a weak cry suddenly exclaimed helplessly. "A-Cheng, tell JieJie you didn't do it. A-Cheng! Answer me! A-Cheng!"