𝟑| 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐨𝐭𝐞𝐝

CHAPTER THREE:

PROMOTED

"DO YOU HEAR me? Is this on?" Erskine soon asks through a microphone, looking up at the people in the booth

"DO YOU HEAR me? Is this on?" Erskine soon asks through a microphone, looking up at the people in the booth. "Ladies and gentlemen, today we take not another step towards annihilation, but the first step on the path to peace. We begin the series of microinjections into the subjects major muscle groups. The serum infusion will cause immediate cellular change. And then, to stimulate growth, the subjects will be saturated with Vita-Rays."

Erskine walks in-between the two, both siblings now hooked up. He watches as two nurses stick needles into their arms.

"That wasn't so bad." Steve comments.

"That was penicillin." Erskine slowly informs. The Rogers siblings look over at him, to which he just shrugs. "Serum infusion beginning in, five, four, three, two, one."

Everyone watches as the siblings' faces scrunch up in pain, the needles pricking into their skin. The Rogers siblings both grunt in pain, their eyes suddenly opening wide.

"Now, Mr. Stark." Erskine instructs. Howard obeys, flipping a switch.

The machines start to slowly lift up, then closing, Y/n and Steve inside them. Erskine slowly walks over to Steve's machine.

"Steven? Can you hear me?" Erskine asks as he knocks on the window.

"It's probably too late to go to the bathroom, right?" Steve responds.

Erskine chuckles slightly before walking over to Y/n's machine. "Y/n? Can you hear me?"

"Yep." Y/n replies nervously.

Erskine looks back at Howard. "We will proceed."

Obeying, Howard turns a little switch. He then proceeds to place some glasses on before placing his hands on a small wheel, starting to turn it.

"That's 10%." Howard counts. "Twenty percent. Thirty. That's 40%."

"Vital signs are normal." A doctor observes.

"That's 50%. Sixty. Seventy." Howard continues.

All of a sudden, Steve and Y/n start screaming in pain, which catches everyone's attention. In the booth, Agent Carter starts to make her way down.

"Y/n! Steven!" Erskine shouts in a frantic tone over their screams.

"Shut it down!" Agent Carter demands, shouting.

"Kill the reactor, Mr. Stark!" Erskine demands.

"No!" Steve and Y/n suddenly shout. "Don't! We can do this!"

Hesitantly, Howard obeys their shouts, hands going back onto the wheel, turning it again slowly.

"Eight. Ninety. That's 100%." Howard counts.