𝟐| 𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠

CHAPTER TWO:

TRAINING

STEVE AND Y/N stood side by side with a bunch of other men, the two of them wearing army uniforms

STEVE AND Y/N stood side by side with a bunch of other men, the two of them wearing army uniforms. They had stayed silent as all the men spoke to each other, ignoring the little people beside them.

"Recruits, attention!" A feminine voice shouts. Immediately, all the soldiers in line stand straight up, fixing their postures. Along with Y/n and Steve.

A brunette woman walks in front of them. Her eyes meet Y/n's and she gives the petit girl a smile, Y/n giving a small one back.

"Gentlemen and lady, I'm Agent Carter. I supervise all the operations for this division." Agent Carter, Peggy Carter, greets firmly.

"What's with the accent, Queen Victoria?" One soldier questions. Agent Carter looks at the man, her eyes narrowed. "Thought I was signing up for the U.S. army."

"What's your name, soldier?" Agent Carter asks.

"Gilmore Hodge, your majesty." Hodge replies cockily.

"Step forward, Hodge." Agent Carter demands. Hodge does as told. "Put your right foot forward."

"We gonna wrestle?" Hodge asks after obeying again. "Cause I got a few moves I know you'll like."

In response, Agent Carter's fist meets his face, sending the soldier straight to the ground. The Rogers siblings share a silent laugh and smile.

"Agent Carter." A voice calls.

Agent Carter turns her back to the soldiers, saluting. "Colonel Phillips."

"I can see that you are breaking in the candidates, that's good." Colonel Phillips observes. "Get your ass up and out of that dirt, and stand in that lineup at attention until, somebody comes and tells you what to do."

"Yes, sir." Hodge replies after getting to his feet, standing back in line.

"General Patton. Has said. "War's are fought with weapons but they are won by men." We are going to win this war, because..." Colonel Phillips starts, but soon trails off once his eyes land on Steve and Y/n. "...we have the best men. And woman. And because they're gonna get better. Much, better. The Strategic Scientific Reserve. Is an allied effort. Made up with the best minds of the free world. Our goal. Is to create the best army in history. But every army starts with one man, and now a lady. At the end of this week, we will choose that man or woman. He or she will be the first. Of a new breed of super soldiers. And they, will personally escort Adolph Hitler through the gates of hell."

~

Days later, Steve, Y/n, and the other soldiers had been training. Obviously, the other men were doing a lot better than Steve and Y/n, but they were still trying their hardest. Y/n had been doing slightly better than Steve, but still not as great as the other soldiers.